Redlines - 2008 SS TC Goblin build in Mississippi

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Is the shock even extending when you turn the adjuster? It seems as if the shock is fulled extended already. Is the spring compressing or actually moving the shock? You've got a long way to go! You should be seeing droop not something that look fully compressed.

redline

yea, well I didn't set thee droop by unscrewing the bottom of the strut. it looks alot better now

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Mine was like that at first, but not that extreme. Yeah, you need to adjust them. Here's how you do it:

1. Ensure your bottom locknut is loose.
2. Ensure the middle locknut is jammed against the top locknut.
3. I might have this backwards, but use your little wrench and go in a direction that tightens it against the top locknut. This will spin the entire cartridge assembly in a direction that should cause it to extend.
4. Use the bigger wrench and go the other direction to raise it up.

redline

does anyone have any seat belt buckles (the part that the steel clip goes into which is mounted on the seat) that they would like to sell? I can't seem to find mine.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
does anyone have any seat belt buckles (the part that the steel clip goes into which is mounted on the seat) that they would like to sell? I can't seem to find mine.
Are you looking for this part on the passenger side? If so, I have one here: LINK and I dropped the price down hopefully to your liking.
seatbelt.JPG

redline

that was it, but I ended getting a harness as the belts were locked up and I couldn't get the to let go. thank you though.

redline

Final parts ship out today! I hope to have this thing ready to race our SCCA event next weekend. Shouldn't be a problem as long as I don't have a bunch of startup problems and codes.

redline

It is done! it drives amazing and I didn't realize how fast it was until I had a 392 charger give me a try and I left him like he was standing still. really I though he didn't try until we met up at the light and he told me it was all he had. Needless to say he was very impressed. is there a way to post video here?

3EA45EDC-7C31-48C0-9378-BFC42BB99DE4.JPG

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Lin
It is done! it drives amazing and I didn't realize how fast it was until I had a 392 charger give me a try and I left him like he was standing still. really I though he didn't try until we met up at the light and he told me it was all he had. Needless to say he was very impressed. is there a way to post video here?

View attachment 4776
Link it from YouTube.

redline

Final tally of time 9 days.

41.5 hours total 34.5 hours without factoring trouble shooting.
should have race track footage of it this weekend from our SCCA event. can't wait!!!

Reactions: Dre

redline

I have thought about building and selling them. I loved the building process and now that I have done it and all of the questions have been answered, I am sure I could do it much faster. Build them and put them up on Craigs list or something??

Dre

You could advertise and offer your service to build them if people buy them so you don't have to go through the hassle of trying to sell what is already built.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I have thought about building and selling them. I loved the building process and now that I have done it and all of the questions have been answered, I am sure I could do it much faster. Build them and put them up on Craigs list or something??
There has been a few people asking for completed ones on here and I am not sure if DF offers that anymore based on the comments. Best thing would be to get in contact to them and serve as a third party. Maybe they could refer some business if they are not willing to complete it themselves

Reactions: Dre

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
If you start building and selling complete vehicles, I think that opens you up to an entire new set of rules and regulations. Technically, DF never sold completely assembled Goblins. If they did, I think they would be considered a manufacturer and they'd have to abide by safety rules and other bureaucratic red tape.

If you build a Goblin yourself and then flip it "brand new", I think you'd have a very difficult time getting a decent ROI. Most of us spend way more on the build than what we'd ever get back out of it.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
If you start building and selling complete vehicles, I think that opens you up to an entire new set of rules and regulations. Technically, DF never sold completely assembled Goblins. If they did, I think they would be considered a manufacturer and they'd have to abide by safety rules and other bureaucratic red tape.

If you build a Goblin yourself and then flip it "brand new", I think you'd have a very difficult time getting a decent ROI. Most of us spend way more on the build than what we'd ever get back out of it.
That's a great point. You would have to build it and title it and everything in your name and then sell it to avoid the red tape. Not sure how many times you can do that before it gets shut down.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
That's a great point. You would have to build it and title it and everything in your name and then sell it to avoid the red tape. Not sure how many times you can do that before it gets shut down.
Aside from that each state has slightly different set of laws / inspections. Could get tricky.