Ken Leiker MotorSports // Track // 07 SS/SC Donor

KLMOTORSPORTS

Initial start to my DF Kit Car! Found this awesome 2007 SS Supercharged for a killer deal in Kentucky. Building this car to run SCCA Autocross Solo which I have been wanting to do for quite sometime. Will be building just for racing (not street legal) so will be a little different than most I believe as I intend to use a lot of aftermarket race parts vices stock Cobalt parts.

Looking forward to the build!

Ken Leiker
Dayton, Ohio
67037346-891F-4023-94B6-8DDA0115E17C.jpeg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
It really was....clutch out was about all that was wrong
eh, you were going to upgrade that anyways!

Nice donor! How many miles on it? I'm biased, but I think the 07 SS/SC is the perfect car and even though we have one, I'm still jealous of others when they find one.

KLMOTORSPORTS

It had 120K on it...nice shape! Love this model...picked up a spare SC LSJ as well from a local guy...will be going through them both and freshen em up

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Looks good Ken! I’m in Powell, OH just north of Columbus. I have a slow build goin’... working on phase one, video 17. My engine is also completely torn down to the block and heads. Saving $ for a timing kit and stage 2 SC kit.

KLMOTORSPORTS

Looks good Ken! I’m in Powell, OH just north of Columbus. I have a slow build goin’... working on phase one, video 17. My engine is also completely torn down to the block and heads. Saving $ for a timing kit and stage 2 SC kit.
Awesome! When I get finished with the donor, plan to go methodically thru the parts and freshen them up to include the engines and transmissions (have 2 of each)...will go thru the engines myself, but looking for someone to go thru the F35 transmissions.

Fun stuff! Would be good to meet up sometime since we are close (I am in Waynesville...just a few miles of I-71, exit 45 south of Columbus)

Ken

KLMOTORSPORTS

Pretty much done with donor except rear end and dash disassembly...will be done this week. Meeting up with Adam next week in Red Oak to order my kit and see the birth place!
A711B37D-97B8-4F9A-80F5-D5F786B264FC.jpeg
82CCFA0A-FEF3-48CE-B9D1-ED1068A912BA.jpeg
319FE2AA-07D0-43DD-9473-12DBCCD6F8D3.jpeg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
How do you like the BKRacing Coilovers?
I don't have any road time on them on our car yet, but I loved the way Lonny's car drove. The quality of them is hard to beat at the price point! For your situation, there is no way you would want to use the donor struts. The adjustability along makes them worth it. You can also connect the anti-sway bar links to them if you wish.

KLMOTORSPORTS

I don't have any road time on them on our car yet, but I loved the way Lonny's car drove. The quality of them is hard to beat at the price point! For your situation, there is no way you would want to use the donor struts. The adjustability along makes them worth it. You can also connect the anti-sway bar links to them if you wish.
Awesome, thanks for the info!