IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

Christopher Sanchez

@AleX1/9 @k.rollin @Dre @AnyoneelseinWA

Get ready for it.......

No WSP inspection.

I spoke with the Exocet guys in WA and was advised to do two things.....

1) Find a local DMV, not a state run one.
2) Get it weighed at a weigh station from the WA state website.(I went to a recycling lot)

Brought in the receipts from DF(printed from Quickbooks), MCO and the weight recipt. Handed them over starting with the MCO, then the weigh sheet then the receipts. They took a bit of time to read through stuff on their side and boom. Paid taxes, title, registration and got my plates.
This is so encouraging for me to get mine road worthy!! I just cannot see NM being more strict than WA...

Get ready for it.......

No WSP inspection.

2) Get it weighed at a weigh station from the WA state website.(I went to a recycling lot)

Brought in the receipts from DF(printed from Quickbooks), MCO and the weight recipt. Handed them over starting with the MCO, then the weigh sheet then the receipts. They took a bit of time to read through stuff on their side and boom. Paid taxes, title, registration and got my plates.
Very encouraging for me to get mine road worthy! I cannot see NM being more strict than WA. I am going to start gathering up all the paper work and test my luck.

Christopher Sanchez

Get ready for it.......

No WSP inspection.

Did you have to fill out a vehicle equipment affirmation form? I am curious cause in NM a windshield is required however I wonder if a helmet or safety glasses/shade will count as with a motorcycle

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I did not, in WA a windshield is not required if you are utilizing eye protection/helmet. Fenders are not required unless you are driving in wet weather....this wont be out in the rain.

Christopher Sanchez

Did you have to fill out a vehicle equipment affirmation form? I am curious cause in NM a windshield is required however I wonder if a helmet or safety glasses/shade will count as with a motorcycle
I feel good about it, NM doesn’t require inspections for normal vehicles and if you saw some of the death traps driving around here you’d understand! Haha I think if I do what you did and show up with all your ducks in a row and project confidence in knowing the process it will help.. fingers crossed..

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Is anyone else's gas pedal ultra touchy? It's like on and off, no between. I really should get this ECU flashed back to stock.

Is it just cause the car is so dang light now?

Yes I drove it for an extended period of time tonight....what a blast!!!!!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Is anyone else's gas pedal ultra touchy? It's like on and off, no between. I really should get this ECU flashed back to stock.

Is it just cause the car is so dang light now?

Yes I drove it for an extended period of time tonight....what a blast!!!!!

Ours was so bad it was almost impossible to drive, especially up our gravel driveway. I found out ZZP had zeroed out the torque management in the tune. I set it back to stock and that took care of it. I then later split the difference. It's ZZP's way to cheaply "tune" it for more "HP".

Yes, the car is very responsive now, but ours was out of control and very uncomfortable and was tuned wrong in my mind. I don't know if there is a tune on yours, but either way, it can be smoothed out.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
i see you do have a tune. I'll bet money yours is zeroed out also. I can send you more info on it when I get home.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Yeah it is a bit nuts....I really want to wipe it back to a stock tune.

On another note I went on a second longer drive and it was creeping up temperature wise pretty fast....went above 235....I shut it off for a bit and headed back home. Wondering if I have a massive air pocket somewhere in the system.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
It's possible. How are your hoses hooked up to the radiator? I think DF recommends that the inlet (hot) be hooked up to the bottom and the outlet (cold) up top. The problem with that is if you run too low on coolant, the flow will stop. I reversed mine for that reason.

Mine never gets above 189 degrees no matter how I drive.

TomsGarage

I really like your intercooler set up, I was thinking of mounting it behind the motor but this looks like it is in a better position for cooling.

Would you mind sharing the parts that you used for it as well as the air intake?

(like this
)