Skinnies is front

Ken R.

Has anybody tried running spare tires in the front with wides in the back? I like the look of a drag car, plus dont wide tires in the front just add more rolling resistance? I understand that spare tires are only rated for 50 mph and when braking hard there is a lot for force in the front, but still, it looks cool.

jpr

There isn't much weight in the front. Skinny tires would only exacerbate that problem.

I would not want to drive on the street with less than 195's. Don't think it'd be very safe.

JERMzSS

There isn't much weight in the front. Skinny tires would only exacerbate that problem.

I would not want to drive on the street with less than 195's. Don't think it'd be very safe.
I agree completely. Maybe strictly for a drag application it would be fine but I think on the street it would be dangerous. An emergency stop would be impossible.

Reactions: jpr

JSATX

Goblin Guru
These cars have a big tendency to understeer with so little weight up front. Removing rubber would spell disaster on street or track.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Has anybody tried running spare tires in the front with wides in the back? I like the look of a drag car, plus dont wide tires in the front just add more rolling resistance? I understand that spare tires are only rated for 50 mph and when braking hard there is a lot for force in the front, but still, it looks cool.
Reviving a 4 year old post, lol. 2 years ago I did this.
I drove it to the grocery store this way once. Kind of silly as it has limited braking and steering, but it made this guy look twice.
3" wide tires on the front and 12.5" tires on the rear.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Reviving a 4 year old post, lol. 2 years ago I did this.
I drove it to the grocery store this way once. Kind of silly as it has limited braking and steering, but it made this guy look twice.
3" wide tires on the front and 12.5" tires on the rear.
View attachment 40871
Well. Of course it was Ross. If not for just "Why not?".......

:)