ManDan’s city goblin-09 LS donor

ManDan1957

Time to start my build log. My donor is pretty much picked apart. Had a few interesting moments getting things apart. When you don’t have an engine hoist a scaffold and come along works just fine.
The wiring harness is a bit of a challenge. Obviously there are differences between my donor and the one used in the videos. Someone had also installed remote start and an aftermarket cruise which I removed. Hopefully I didn’t cut out anything else which is important.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
The wiring isn't bad, just take your time, label everything before you cut, and work through it methodically from one end to the other.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The wiring harness is a bit of a challenge. Obviously there are differences between my donor and the one used in the videos. Someone had also installed remote start and an aftermarket cruise which I removed. Hopefully I didn’t cut out anything else which is important.
Yeah' won't need the remote start. Although we have the cruise control from the factory, we rarely ever use it, especially with the 5-speed.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Whhhhaaattt????
That is amazing. A lot of pre-work before the frame arrived, I would guess. Congrats!

Madkat

Congratulations Dan, you did a fantastic job there! (And quick!!) Marcel here BTW from up the highway. How close are you to registration with Autopac? I have my donor (08 Sport Automatic) parked in my shop but it's such good shape I'm going to drive it it for a few months to see how everything works. I was thinking of taking a drive to town to come have a look at your project. I'll send ya a text to see if we can make it happen. Keep up the good work!

ManDan1957

I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering if you got your donor started. I had my anti theft lock me out as well but with a bit of work I got it going again. Just a warning.... one ride in this will cost you $$$ . Your donor should be nervous . Seriously fun to drive!!!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering if you got your donor started. I had my anti theft lock me out as well but with a bit of work I got it going again. Just a warning.... one ride in this will cost you $$$ . Your donor should be nervous . Seriously fun to drive!!!
One ride in a Goblin is all it takes to convince almost anyone interested in building to put the trigger and get a kit on order! :D

Madkat

One ride in a Goblin is all it takes to convince almost anyone interested in building to put the trigger and get a kit on order! :D
Well I made it over there today with my grandson.... it was impressive to see the build. Dan has done a ton of personal touches on his Goblin. I'm glad that we went to see it because it confirmed what I was thinking, I'll be ordering a city chaise extended with easy entry. I'm a good sized guy at 6' 235lbs but I'm not as flexible as I used to be and getting into Dans Goblin really made that obvious. I'm hopeful that I'll get my order in by the new year if I can get all of my ducks in a row. Keep up the great work and keep me posted on the registration you're almost there!!!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Dan, looks fantastic! How close are to getting it licensed so you can start enjoying it on the street? How hard will it be to get it licensed in Manitoba?