Ken Leiker MotorSports // Track // 07 SS/SC Donor

Post some pics in your build log!
Ha not much to see yet. Teardown is all done. Been dreading doing wiring, but can’t put it off much longer. Still trying to get an LSD, need to replace water pump (just because), and do the timing chain. The powdercoat guys are FINALLY done with my chassis... Monday would mark a full month they’ve had it. Still have other random stuff to order too like new hubs, new brake master reservoir (friends have been so helpful with the teardown, but there was an incident with the clutch line nipple, pliers, and too much beer). Anyway, I’ll start a build thread here soon when I’m actually doing some building. Thing I’m most worried about is the axles since that may set me back a couple months if I have to order a shorter driver side.

KLMOTORSPORTS

Spent a little time (not as much as I wanted) on the car this week, but “had to” attend the 50th Street Rod Nationals in Louisville as well. Engine 95% done and got other parts in to complete the Tilton brake setup, the steering shaft and quick release, and also fabricated a new bracket to mount the accelerator position sensor. Still on schedule for October completion. More build pictures coming this week!
F97DF04D-F888-428C-B5EF-C917C4DB8C90.jpeg

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
What accelerator position sensor goes along with the Tilton pedal assembly? I've started looking for an aftermarket pedal with more resolution on sensor to make it less twitchy vs the stock one.

KLMOTORSPORTS

What accelerator position sensor goes along with the Tilton pedal assembly? I've started looking for an aftermarket pedal with more resolution on sensor to make it less twitchy vs the stock one.
I am going with the stock one for now since integration will be easy....will evaluate how it acts once Car is all done. Tilton does make one (see photo), but according to Swap Specialities (building my stand alone harness), much easier to integrate the stock sensor and what most people do when using the pedal box in this type of situation.

Will see what performance is like with stock and adjust accordingly

Ken
AB714AF3-0316-46B5-A15D-ABA36685739C.jpeg

KLMOTORSPORTS

Ken, any new progress on the build?
There has been and I am bad about updating this build log! Got the engine rebuild almost complete and will be mated with transmission and installed this coming week, Tilton brake reservoir mounted, starting on the rear suspension, getting the gauge panel mocked up...quite a bit going on. Expecting to have 95% complete by end of Oct. Attached are a couple of photos of progress!
32104EA1-B9BB-4107-BB34-D58124728773.jpeg
53005BBC-4FAA-4DE0-B88D-E6901F60F400.jpeg

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Ken, the steel braided looks awesome. I think the loose fit nature of braided will aid in airflow to limit rusting between the hose and tubing. Is there any concern of reduced coolant flow? I just took possession of our kit and I'm a little concerned with cooling abilities. No fan shroud and the radiator is smaller than stock. Just wondering if this set up will work in the desert. Gonna be 115 here today.... again. I'm so excited.

KLMOTORSPORTS

Ken, the steel braided looks awesome. I think the loose fit nature of braided will aid in airflow to limit rusting between the hose and tubing. Is there any concern of reduced coolant flow? I just took possession of our kit and I'm a little concerned with cooling abilities. No fan shroud and the radiator is smaller than stock. Just wondering if this set up will work in the desert. Gonna be 115 here today.... again. I'm so excited.
Thanks! The braided hoses if I remember right are only like .100 smaller ID than the rubber lines most out thru, so talking with Lonny and for my use of the car (Autocross only, not for street), I don’t have any concerns with overheating. In the desert, not totally sure, but believe you wouldn’t notice much diff in cooling whichever lines you go with....good luck with your build! They are def fun as heck!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Parson,
Should move this topic to general discussion and not hijack Ken's build thread. Short story, it seems to have minor effect on coolant temps here in the desert - about 5-10 degrees when mixed with the proper 50/50 glycol mixture.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Well, that would have been my guess. Not really any other good spot in the front of these things. What kind of recing are you planning on doing?

Looking good Ken! Any word yet on if your stock driver side axle will be too long? I have been trying to button up a few other projects, so I haven’t got anything done on my build except order all the random stuff I am upgrading or replacing. Work has me traveling a lot, so it may be winter before I can really get going. Plenty of time if I need to order custom axles though I guess.