Texas Registration

PG5

Do you remember what form you filled out? I tried transferring the title and it was rejected because I didn't have a signed copy of the title (I did send my Copart Receipt). I think I filled out the wrong form.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Do you remember what form you filled out? I tried transferring the title and it was rejected because I didn't have a signed copy of the title (I did send my Copart Receipt). I think I filled out the wrong form.
Oh you’ll definitely need the original tile to transfer into your name. Otherwise you have to go through the whole bonded process etc, totally not worth it.

If you don’t have the original then I wouldn’t worry about it. You definitely should have if you bought from Copart though.

Reactions: PG5

PG5

Hmm, I never received the title from Copart. I guess I should call them about that.

Bretter

Thanks JSATX - I went down to the county tax office (can't do it at the title office - they sent me to the tax office... go figure) and they said not to make the change. I told them it was recommended to me and was <$20 or so and they said "nope don't worry about it."

My experience is certainly different than yours so I documented what I did, what they said and hopefully it won't be a problem later down the road! Thanks for the help!

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Thanks JSATX - I went down to the county tax office (can't do it at the title office - they sent me to the tax office... go figure) and they said not to make the change. I told them it was recommended to me and was <$20 or so and they said "nope don't worry about it."

My experience is certainly different than yours so I documented what I did, what they said and hopefully it won't be a problem later down the road! Thanks for the help!
Rather or not you transfer it to your name, you should still get it from Copart. My salvage yard would not accept it without the title.

PG5

Oh, I chopped that car into pieces and sold it for scrap. :D No Title required.

But I did contact Copart and they're sending me the title. Thanks for the suggestion!

Geoff Fox

I am looking at importing a LHD XK140 copy from the UK for a friend. It is a new car built in 2014 with a jaguar XJ6 engine built by Nostalga Cars.
My friend who will own the car lives in Richardson. Can anyone recommend someone who can help him get in registered in Texas please.
It might be necessary for it to be "completed" once it is in Texas.

Attachments

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I am looking at importing a LHD XK140 copy from the UK for a friend. It is a new car built in 2014 with a jaguar XJ6 engine built by Nostalga Cars.
My friend who will own the car lives in Richardson. Can anyone recommend someone who can help him get in registered in Texas please.
It might be necessary for it to be "completed" once it is in Texas.

I'd rather take the Spitfire behind it :p

Nuker-

RouteAbel

Goblins are still not yet able to be street legal in Texas. Working on it, getting closer. But it’s going to be a few more months at least.
@JSATX what still needs to happen? Is it just time for DMV to update to the new law or is more lobbying needed? Anything we can do to help?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
@JSATX what still needs to happen? Is it just time for DMV to update to the new law or is more lobbying needed? Anything we can do to help?
Hate to say it but it's still a waiting game at this point. We have not received any new information. If we don't get an update by the end of the month I'll start emailing the powers that be again and make sure everything is on track. There were some huge bills relating to the DMV that were passed this session. We're getting bumped down the list as usual.

aaronbuley

I went and talked to the registration office and they gave me a list of things to complete... seemed to act like it could be done.

I plan on working on this today.

1st - Form 68-N via the Regional Office. For me, that's Dallas Regional at 1925 E Beltline Rd 100 (972-478-5200)

2nd - 68A - Task Force
This is to assign a new VIN via the Police Auto Theft Division

3rd:
- Proof of insurance (need VIN for this)
- Vehicle Inspection Report
- Title or Manufacturer's Cert of Origin (must be signed and dated by both the purchaser and seller) <-- need to get this from DF still
- Must have government issued ID
- Form 130-U which is just the application for Texas Title and/or Registration
- Other: Rebuilt affidavit, pictures, receipts of parts, etc -- proof of the process

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I went and talked to the registration office and they gave me a list of things to complete... seemed to act like it could be done.

I plan on working on this today.

1st - Form 68-N via the Regional Office. For me, that's Dallas Regional at 1925 E Beltline Rd 100 (972-478-5200)

2nd - 68A - Task Force
This is to assign a new VIN via the Police Auto Theft Division

3rd:
- Proof of insurance (need VIN for this)
- Vehicle Inspection Report
- Title or Manufacturer's Cert of Origin (must be signed and dated by both the purchaser and seller) <-- need to get this from DF still
- Must have government issued ID
- Form 130-U which is just the application for Texas Title and/or Registration
- Other: Rebuilt affidavit, pictures, receipts of parts, etc -- proof of the process
Again not trying to burst anyone’s bubble, the local offices know nothing. As soon as it gets to headquarters in Austin it’ll be stopped.

Is it possible you can find a route around it and get to drive for a little while and have some fun? Yes, it’s possible, but unlikely. Just keep that in mind as you may lose all the money you spend on title, tax etc.

On a separate note I was able to bring my DF invoices in (showing paid tax) to the office and did not have to pay any additional tax to register the car. All the other fees still apply, which for me was all lost with the revocation.

aaronbuley

Understood, thanks for the heads up on the taxes!

I'd rather at least try and be another number/name in the system pushing for what's now legal on the books. :)