Canyons trackframe LSJ-T Htown

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
If you calipers are on upside down, THAT IS A PROBLEM. :) They will never bleed since the air goes to the top of the caliper. I've heard of some of the Wilwood brakes for the Vettes, the bleeders have a small pocket area that traps air and they have to take them off and rotate them to bleed them properly.

canyon bolieu

Okay guys brakes are much better now still need to bleed one more time before perfect I think one is seeping where the line goes to the caliper (ive filed all the powdercoat off so it has a smooth mating surface) I touch my finger to it and it’s wet alittle.

But I was going to test drive it yesterday but once I started it up my afr gauge was reading at 16-18 which is really lean if you don’t know what I’m talking about. Then I talked to the guy who tuned my car before he said it’s cause my maf is in a totally different spot... so with that being said i have to go back to my OBD2 I have power and both grounds are working and I know the data wires are right (because they were wrong the first time) so that leaves the 2 green wires on the top right of the plug I think spots 1 and 2... I just need to know where they go to

canyon bolieu

Okay so I have figured out my OBD2 problem whenever I would plug in the scanner one of the relays would click I so I removed all of them one by one with the scanner plugged in to see if it would cut power or do anything but nothing happend so it’s in the fuseblock I’m guessing then I decided to call Lonny and see what he though about running another one of my cut power wires from the bcm so that is what I did and she works just fine now

Attachments

canyon bolieu

well now I’m looking for info on the headlights, taillights, wing wiring and turn signals anyone know anything about that? Can’t seem to find much

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Okay so I have figured out my OBD2 problem whenever I would plug in the scanner one of the relays would click I so I removed all of them one by one with the scanner plugged in to see if it would cut power or do anything but nothing happend so it’s in the fuseblock I’m guessing then I decided to call Lonny and see what he though about running another one of my cut power wires from the bcm so that is what I did and she works just fine now
My OBD2 reader came with directions that said that my Cobalt would need a separate power. Never understood why.

canyon bolieu

Well I got the rear taillights wired up along with the wing taillight but still bleeding the brakes... I let them sit for 4 days while I was at work and even the new bleeders are leaking and the fittings are leaking on 2 of them I over torqued them and I’m sure they are close to snapping or pulling threads I have no idea why they would still be leaking the surfaces are smooth and filed down to bare metal and both copper washers are there this is just wild and very aggravating I’ve went through 8 bottles of brake fluid just bleeding through the system. I’ve got them close to where I’m holding pedal while the car is off but once I’ve started the car the pedal slowly sinks. But I don’t want to keep bleeding them if I have to pull the lines back off maybe I can put PTFE on the copper washers and maybe it will seal?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You may want to look very closely at the fitting surfaces. There must be a groove or scratch or something in them causing the fluid to leak. The copper washers should seal them up easily but if they are not, it has to be something more than what they can seal. Maybe a crack in the fitting or a bad mating of the tubing to the banjo?

Brian74

Goblin Guru
The billet brake kit I bought for my sandrail actually instructed to use blue loctite at the fittings insted of teflon tape.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
All I know is I spent an ass load of money on those billet brakes and it took forever to get the air out and stop the fittings from leaking. I used teflon but eventually the manufacturer updated their website and their instructions were to use the blue loctite. Brakes haven’t leaked since but **** I was on the verge of pulling my hair out by how tight I had to turn those fittings to finally stop the leaking.

RichN

Because I powder coated my calipers, I had to file down the end of the lip on the hose because it would not sit flat.

canyon bolieu

Yeah I had to grind my stainless steel braided brake line fittings because they were hitting but they are fine and it’s sitting flat. I’ll have to start using blue locktite I guess 3 out of 4 of my bleeders are leaking (I’m going to pick up some tonight) and I’m down to one banjo fitting still leaking.

I’m going to get more copper washers and file down the brake caliper again and torque it right at 30ft lbs and see how it does then I’ll just increase the torque till the bolt brakes or it seals it

canyon bolieu

Okay guys my brakes are finally working! Yay!

I also finishing wiring up all the lights last night.

I then took the car for a ride at 11pm when it was 42 outside but it was totally worth it. I wish I had a video for you guys but the go pro was very glitchy so I just deleted it.

So with that being said I’ve got the first drive out of the way and now I need to tune it. Afr is terrible and if I’m rolling in neutral it will rev up and hold at 3k RPM to stay alive I guess... it’s pretty weird but I’m going to put a base tune on it Sunday then on a warmer day rent a dyno and tune it.

Attachments

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Great job. Make sure your MAF and O2 are connected and functioning properly. Mine goes nuts which either of those things unplugged.

Let me know about the tune. I’d come to Houston (that’s where you are right?) for a dyno day if it meant getting a better rate.

canyon bolieu

I have a guy over here that said me and my tuner can rent his dyno for $100 an hour so that’s not bad I guess but I’ll shop around more for sure and I can’t remeber what type of dyno that is.

And yes I’m in Houston

All of my plugs are connected for sure but the maf was definitely getting a different form of airflow than it is now cause it’s running really lean