Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Well as my friend Willie Nelson said, I just couldn’t wait to be on the road again.

My battle with TXDMV is not over. I will continue fighting until this is resolved. And I can assure you it will be resolved. But until then I just am not willing to be walked all over by a bunch of bureaucrats who’ve never had a real job in their life.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
View attachment 2990
NICE.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
What was involved in that? Also, how will that work with you having a TX driver's license, but the Goblin registered in MT?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Anyone with questions on MT can PM me.

Our next meeting is April 26th. It should be much more productive because the last meeting was focused on what the problems are. This meeting is devoted to solutions.

And unfortunately we are completely out of funds. We can not continue to pay for our lobbiest unless another round of donations come in. He has been a crucial part of this process and if anyone can spare another donation it will be greatly appreciated.

We are also selling T-shirt’s on our Facebook group: save the Texas dune buggy.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I think this might help with the DMV if their stuck on what the Federal law states.
There has been a law since 2015 put in place governing kit cars from NHTSA per link from SEMA. I think the Texas DMV missed this.
H.R. 22, SEC.24405
Go to the following link.
https://www.sema.org/replica

What's weird is that rep. Gene Green of Texas was one of the people who put the "Low volume Motor Vehicle Manufatures Act of 2015" into law/highway bill.

Texas DMV is actually going against federal law by banning Goblins and other kit cars from Texas registration.

Unless I'm reading incorrectly.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I think this might help with the DMV if their stuck on what the Federal law states.
There has been a law since 2015 put in place governing kit cars from NHTSA per link from SEMA. I think the Texas DMV missed this.
H.R. 22, SEC.24405
Go to the following link.
https://www.sema.org/replica

What's weird is that rep. Gene Green of Texas was one of the people who put the "Low volume Motor Vehicle Manufatures Act of 2015" into law/highway bill.

Texas DMV is actually going against federal law by banning Goblins and other kit cars from Texas registration.

Unless I'm reading incorrectly.
I guess I am reading it wrong. The hang up is that the Goblin doesn't look enough like a Lotus 7 as this act pertains to replicas?
It's still a low volume kit car though. Frustrating.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
It’s all very frustrating. We are familiar with that law but it actually has not taken effect yet. It was passed in 2015 and gave NHTSA one year to draft regulations for it. They never did. So it’s not technically complete.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
It’s all very frustrating. We are familiar with that law but it actually has not taken effect yet. It was passed in 2015 and gave NHTSA one year to draft regulations for it. They never did. So it’s not technically complete.
If it was complete and enacted, would it even help with Goblins and Manx buggies?
Probably already did this but did Rep. Gene Green office been contacted to assist or give advice?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
If it was complete and enacted, would it even help with Goblins and Manx buggies?
Probably already did this but did Rep. Gene Green office been contacted to assist or give advice?
Honestly we have a really good and carefully selected rep who will be sponsoring the bill. Green is retiring soon and I’m not sure how he could help us. But I’ll defintely look into it.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I would think he could have good information on navigating the systems and getting through the obstacles of government. He did help get the 2015 act to NHSTA. Seems NHTSA didn't do their part though.
Wish you guys all the best in this endeavor.

BAR-AIR

Just a thought...
The Goblin is a tube framed kit car. And yes currently it doesn’t resemble a Lotus 7. But it’s a tube frame with a fiberglass hood and fenders. Maybe time to reinvent the Goblin VII with the new Lotus 7 coach works. This thing can look however the designer desires!!! Advertise the two models with the two different body styles. States that require a replica you would need to buy the Goblin VII body kit (brooklands racing windscreens and all).
1C52A743-AB3A-47E8-A5A0-EEE372E0FDB2.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

talon2006

Honestly we have a really good and carefully selected rep who will be sponsoring the bill. Green is retiring soon and I’m not sure how he could help us. But I’ll defintely look into it.
Who is the rep, and what is the bill number?

What would really help this, is if we all became constituents for our local rep, donate about 100 bucks a year to them and call our local rep asking them to support this bill.

I do not post here at all... I am from pirate4x4 but this grabbed my attention. Once we get the bill name and what it is about I can post the info over there to spread the word.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Who is the rep, and what is the bill number?

What would really help this, is if we all became constituents for our local rep, donate about 100 bucks a year to them and call our local rep asking them to support this bill.

I do not post here at all... I am from pirate4x4 but this grabbed my attention. Once we get the bill name and what it is about I can post the info over there to spread the word.
I’ll be sure an post all of that just as soon as it’s ready. Thanks for reaching out