Shadow Lou Racing, street,track,autocross Goblin

George

Goblin Guru
Worked with HP Tuners scanner and editor. Down loaded file to send to ZZP for reprogramming 60# injectors, 2.8 pulley.
Received parts and program, installed.
Lowered front end to make lower control arms level, realigned,rescaled. Researched what tire pressures to start with settled on 18psi front,22psi rear.
Bought a car cover for a Triumph GT 6 to cover the car at work.

Attachments

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I like the car cover idea, but if I used one down here in OK it would blow all the way up to you. How are you going to handle the wind with it?

George

Goblin Guru
It fits tight around the tires as it is made for a car 60" wide my Goblin is 68". It does have a strap for under car left to right. All that said time will tell.

Brad

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Worked on mounting heat exchanger, it is adjustable for angle.

Brad
Brad, did you use a front heat exchanger along with your rear one since you are using dual bypass? Also, are you still installing the rear wing / spoiler with your heat exchanger being back there?

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

George

Goblin Guru
I returned the heat exchanger from DF. The one I an using is from frozenboost the core is 24x7x2 says it is for 650hp.
My plans do not include running a rear wing. My plan is to run side skirt on the bottom of the car and make a rear defusser. This will create down force by making a vacuum under the car at speed. You can se a picture of my heat exchanger somewhere in my build log.

Brad

George

Goblin Guru
Ran an Autocross for the first time in about 40 Years. Did not do well but did get to ride with and experienced drive
who brought out the evils of the car, the car leans to much, back get too loose . First I will Sipe the rear tires so thy warm up quicker at stick better later I will change the rear roll center and center of gravity, later may ad some rear roll steer for auto cross days.

Brad

DanPerryy

Do you use the anti-sway bar on the rear? Lonny does not, he told me that the anti sway bar make the rear loose. I put mine anti-sway bar on to keep mine loose.

George

Goblin Guru
I will not use a rear sway bar as that is where the drive wheels are. I always put the sway bar on the non drive end to keep the wheels with power planted. Mine does not show rear being loose in the rear until pushed to the limit.

Brad

Silverback

I will not use a rear sway bar as that is where the drive wheels are. I always put the sway bar on the non drive end to keep the wheels with power planted. Mine does not show rear being loose in the rear until pushed to the limit.
I thought that a front sway bar would also be needed and looked for an example on Formula Fords and couldn't find one. Every FF I saw had only a rear bar. It'll be interesting to see what will be the optimum setup for a Goblin.

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Zero camber seems to help keep the rear from braking loose but then when it does, it's usually violent. A negative caster helps to give more of a progression where it may start to loosen but doesn't get out of control; a more predictable slide. At least that's what I have experience with the RC cars.

George

Goblin Guru
Still wait in for my title Tobe processed. I want to drive it as designed before make any changes that are planned. Keep collecting more parts for testing.

Brad

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Still wait in for my title Tobe processed. I want to drive it as designed before make any changes that are planned. Keep collecting more parts for testing.

Brad
How long has it been? I called after two weeks and they said it was entered that day. I got it a week later (Saturday). I was able to apply for plates before I had the title in hand, just as long as it's processed.

George

Goblin Guru
Called Jeff City, title not processed, asked some questions found out form 594 had not been received. Form 594 is the one the Highway Patrol sign and sends to licences office after installing vin number. Called Highway Patrol they said they would look into it. Jeff City called 10min after talking to Highway Patrol and said paper work just arrived. Title should process with in a week.

Brad

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Hey brad I’m working on a balance shaft delete and was wondering where you got those caps on the front? I found the bushings to press into the oil passages but the only thing I could find for the front end still had the sprocket for the chain. I want to get rid of that balance shaft chain and run the shorter one like you did.