Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Not surprising. My wheel hubs were just to the point that I didn't want to use them. Ended up buying new ones and converted the wheels to 4-bolt pattern. Worked out in the end. You won't need the sway bar links. I kept them thinking I would want the sway bar, heck even powder coated it, but never installed it.

Last edited:

Dre

Yea, i saw a set of rear hubs for a good price... and good to know about the sway bar links.

Dre

Yea, i was goingto use a friends, then i saw this on offer up. So i ended up buying this... i was looking at harbor freight also. One question... did you buy chain to hook it up to your engine?

theeulogy

I just went to the local Tractor Supply and bought a 5 foot piece of chain, and used a couple of my climbing carabiners.

DanPerryy

The engine and trans are light enough that a chain works just fine. I did have a bit of a trouble with one of the camshaft sensors getting in the way of the chain and breaking it. BTW - I found the sensors from China for like $7 each. Bought a couple they work fine.

Dre

The engine and trans are light enough that a chain works just fine. I did have a bit of a trouble with one of the camshaft sensors getting in the way of the chain and breaking it. BTW - I found the sensors from China for like $7 each. Bought a couple they work fine.
Nice! Thanks for the info. I may have to just stop by home depot on the way home and pick me up a piece of chain.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Got the engine dropped... now need to lift the front of the car high enough to roll the engine out. Gotta get a new starter because it was rusted to ****. Also one of the bolts are stuck into the lower control arm and sub frame.
Not many of the starters make it out without falling apart. I replaced mine because the plastic around the terminals fell apart.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Not many of the starters make it out without falling apart. I replaced mine because the plastic around the terminals fell apart.
I replaced mine, the small nuts were rusted and broke when I was removing it. Amazon has good prices. I got mine as an open box for 40 dollars i believe.