Recent content by ccannx

1. ccannx

Fozda's Standard Track Goblin - 06' SS/SC #196

Boost drop was more significant when I installed the stage 2 turbo cams the same time the b207r went in. It had a blast of power up to about 5200 and then fell off instead of tapered off. Car felt way better on the stock LSJcams+k04 before the motor overhaul. The stage 2 cams really came to life...
  2. ccannx

Fozda's Standard Track Goblin - 06' SS/SC #196

Which turbo did you go to ? How much boost are you allowing ?
  3. ccannx

BAustin's Extended Track - 06 SS/SC Donor - #157 Registered

The Goblin can easily take a TTOD spot, last PCA event I went to It was 4 seconds faster than anything else that showed up that day. But the Thscc guys are faster than the PCA guys Your tires are killing you. If you can run stickeis call up JB racing tires and get a set of used takeoffs or buy...
  4. ccannx

Speed Bumps

I also run 15's and ended up replacing the front shocks with the 1 inch longer shocks up front and opted for double adjustables. It gave me more room to adjust the ride hight up on the coiliver and a bonus was the added droop provided more front end grip coming out of corners. I shortened my...
  5. ccannx

Adjustable Rear Suspension

Looks promising ! Now if you could just figure out how to get an UCA in there this kit will be on par with the Atom.
  6. ccannx

Car started tapping very loud when cranked

Maybe pull the valve cover check your timing chain and valvesprings.
  7. ccannx

Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

The base pressure is set at 43.5 PSI with the reference line disconnected. Duty cycle is around 56.2 at 22psi and 6200rpm. There is still plenty of fuel that can be added but I'm not thrilled about how jagged the AFR lines look. Attached is a log of it running lean.
  8. ccannx

The AFR's are going lean while Inj Duty cycle is following the Maf curve. I'm not sure how much the pressure should change at the rail but I guess if the reference is 20psi shouldn't the rail pressure also go up 20 psi ?
  9. ccannx

Updated the fuel to a Boost reference system. Mounted an 8 gal fuel cell where the passenger seat would be to balance weight left to right. Feeding an inline pump from the bottom sump then to the fuel filter. From there the return is intercepted by the boost reference system which keeps the fuel...
  10. ccannx

Fuel Tank Dimensions

I believe the tank may be a bit wider at the bottom than the top. I recall the angle of the firewall side following that angle getting wider at the bottom.
  11. ccannx

Oil Cooler Adapter Plate on LSJ

The b207r that i used to replace my Lsj had the sensor on the block just above the starter behind the oil filter. You may be able use that spot instead.
  12. ccannx

Wheel and tire advice

That is a nice setup should be well balanced. Those tires heat up very fast so if you decide to do an autocross bring a tire sprayer.
  13. ccannx

Wheel and tire advice

In case anyone missed it Andy Hollis did a good scientific 200 treadwear tire test and tested the "top dog" track and autocross tires in their respective settings. Since then the RT660 is a new contender but it is mostly used in the spec class and does not heat up as fast as the yokohama a052...
  14. ccannx

Wheel and tire advice

When picking wheels it is very important to figure out what your backspace is. Backspace is the distance you have from your hubface or the surface that your rim will attach to on the brake rotor hat back to where your rim will contact suspension or body components. You can measure this by using...
  15. ccannx

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

They are awful in the rain, follow all the ruts in the road, throw rocks everywhere, heat cycle out quickly and love to pick up sharp pieces of metal. It is really really really difficult to put a plug in them also. I feel like I get about 6-7 good heat cycles/events out of them then they slow...