Recent content by Chris Eggert

1. Chris Eggert

I'm finally back

Right after I got my Goblin kit my right shoulder exploded. It was really torn up completely ruptured tendons that they had to replace with cadaver tendons treated with stem cells. That was an 18 month recovery on it and in month 19 the left shoulder went out. They did the surgery a month later...
  2. Chris Eggert

Chris's Track Goblin - 06 SS/SC Donor

It feels like physical therapy is a normal part of my life now. I'm down to 2 or 3 sessions with the therapist and the rest of the week it's homework exercises. I have been about stir crazy over this. It's really bad when you are down without full use of both arms at the same time
  3. Chris Eggert

I'm finally back

I think mine was my body trying to tell me that I wasn't 20 years old anymore. It's been a long road back so far but I can honestly say that my shoulders haven't felt this good since I was a kid. It's just getting the strength back that is taking so long
  4. Chris Eggert

I'm finally back

Well I've been given the go ahead on a 10lb maximum lift by my doctor. Had both shoulders rebuilt. My right one exploded had a complete rupture of the longhead tendon, 2 holes in my rotator cuff, completely detached tendon where it connects to to back of the shoulder blade and had some bone...
  5. Chris Eggert

Have you gotten started on yours I've been completely out of action had surgery on both shoulders and am just now being put on a 10 lb lefting limit. I didn't see your post before this happened and I'm sorry I missed it.
  6. Chris Eggert

Well I am finally close to getting back to work on my Goblin. I had an unexpected medical detour from working on anything. I had a complete future of the longhead tendon in my right shoulder, two tears of at least 1inch in the right rotator cuff, completely detached the tendon from under the...
  7. Chris Eggert

The Doctor said he wanted me doing nothing for at least 2 weeks. I learned something on the cradle bolts, use Seafoam penetrating oil on the exposed threads on the top. Spray them 2 or 3 times and wait until it starts coming out around the heads of the bolts. I took one out and I was braced in...
  8. Chris Eggert

Got both sets of headers blasted and ceramic coated inside and out then baked on. I installed the one set on the cobalt I drive and the temperature difference between the inside of the tube and outside of the tube is just wild. Well worth the effort and they look outstanding too. I got...
  9. Chris Eggert

PHerder's Track Frame with lower entry bars

Hate to see you get rid of it you were getting along on the build, but a man has to do what he has to do. Good luck in whatever your next project is.
  10. Chris Eggert

Nuker's City Goblin build - 2007 SS SC Donor - Completed/Licensed

I have been looking at the ZZP stealth intercooler. It will be a little easier to locate it in the Goblin with the smaller area it occupies. It does have a much smaller footprint, but the cooling ability is supposed to be equal to or close to the stock intercooler plus the stage 3 ZZP...
  11. Chris Eggert

Archived *Official Builders Thread* Where are you located?

Chris E. Whitwell, Tennessee "Team Tennessee Goblin #3" 2006 SS/SC Stage 3 Donor Chassis #65 Track frame with full doors + additions Stage 1 build is in progress, slowly but surely moving forward
  12. Chris Eggert

I was just bringing up the measurement of the hubs in case someone didnt realize there is a size diffrence in the actual diameter. That the bolt pattern isnt the only thing that changes from 2007 SS/SC to the 2008 SS/T. I didn't know there was a diffrence in the hub diameter until I started...
  13. Chris Eggert

I have been looking at wheel and tire choices, I was surprised at the amount of choices with the 5-110 bolt pattern of the 2006 SS/SC. I noticed that the hub size of your donor is 57.1 mm I just wanted to make sure people know that the 2005 - 2007 SS/SC hubs are 65.1 mm from what I have found by...
  14. Chris Eggert

SliderR1's Track Goblin - 05 SS/SC

Seeing that red frame has made me a whole lot happier with my choice of red for my frame. That does look really good. I see im not the only one looking at aftermarket street bike lights for use on the Goblin. I have a set coming in hopefully this week that I ordered just so I could see them in...
  15. Chris Eggert

This flu bug/stomach virus combo is a really horrible thing to deal with. I am finally feeling a little better than I have been. Got in the garage yesterday and put the cover on the bass boat so I could get it out of the garage. By the time I was finished getting the cover on and tied down I...