Recent content by CncMan333

1. CncMan333

All FL owners and future owners !!!!!

I asked about tagging and titling in another state then transferring and they told me that it was the same inspection process, so therefore it would be labeled as an off road only car. I do not think that this will stand for long, because the section 317.0005 definition of a ROV (recreational...
  2. CncMan333

CNCMan's City Ext 07 LS Manual

I am not as good at updating this page as I should be, but the build has been great fun and having a completed Goblin has been even more fun. Mine is not a super fast speedster, but it is faster than "normal cars" and way more fun. I built it to be a reliable touring car and it is proving to...
  3. CncMan333

My freshly street legal Goblin is spending a few days in the local hot rod spa (Shift N 2 Gear) where it is getting some tuning. The tuner asked if there was anyone he could call to ask some questions to who considers themselves an expert on tuning the 2.2 NA with this light a frame. They are...
  4. CncMan333

It was a total of 12 weeks but I had to redo some paperwork because I bought the kit in 2018 and finished it in 2021. I had is as a 2021 Goblin on the bill of sale, but MT wanted it changed to 2018 to match the kit receipts. That added 4 weeks, so you should be at the point where you either...
  5. CncMan333

Big news! I am finally street legal and ready for some fun! I ended up going the Montana route, but it done and I can't wait to take some nice road trips.
  6. CncMan333

Apparently in my area they do more VIN inspections because I had an officer out inside 20 mins. When I called the Sherriff's department they knew exactly what I was talking about, I had the instruction sheet for the inspector and the paperwork all filled out on the top part from the Montana...
  7. CncMan333

In Florida no less, low ground clearance and road tires is a great way to get through sand. It just seems strange to me to put what I would interpret as the "intension of the designers" into a state statute and then fall back back on "but we have the right to decide". I just think it is...
  8. CncMan333

I am waiting on Montana as well. I insisted that Florida give me a written reason for the rejection and what I got was a photocopy of the statute page showing 317.003 with the part about ROV highlighted in yellow. It clearly says "designed for off road use", well I know the designer, and he...
  9. CncMan333

Eastwood radiator paint, good stuff!
  10. CncMan333

Painting the radiator makes a huge difference.
  11. CncMan333

No Kit Cars in Florida !!!

I showed up with the car for inspection at Ocala and the form was already marked with "title as off road only" I told them no way and got on the phone with Tampa (which is technically my division, but I was allowed to go to Ocala since it was geographically closer to me" The guy in Tampa told...
  12. CncMan333

Full body panels and hood. No fenders. but they said they also just denied a Exocet saying that it was a track only vehicle. Part of the ROV definition is "designed for off road use and using off road tires" I live in Florida, ever heard of sand? This thing won't go very far off road...
  13. CncMan333

Unfortunate to report, but I also ran into this at the Ocala and the Tampa office. I insisted that I get the reason for the rejection in writing and they gave me a photocopy of the FL statute concerning what defines an ROV (recreational off road vehicle) and they are saying that it is up to...
  14. CncMan333

I thought that the engine compartment had some gaps, I know you turbo and SC guys fill those gaps with ultra cool go fast stuff, but made some vented covers to dress up the look of the engine compartment.