Recent content by dperkins

1. dperkins

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of dperkins. His friend and family are...

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of dperkins. His friend and family are continuing to work on his goblin project in his memory.
  2. dperkins

Track Day Monster 2009 SS/TC Track Frame

Got new seats, sparco qrt r. comfy and much smaller in overall size while retaining enough space. Here's the comparison old to new Having trouble finalizing a design for seat brackets without just welding to the frame. I'm using standard side mount brackets with a slider that came from the...
  3. dperkins

According to ZZP, with all the stuff I have added to it, I should be able to reach ~430whp on 91 octane. Adding in some meth injection should get me to my goal of 450 wheel, still on 91. Maybe I'm mistaken or something and I'll have to switch to e85, but I hope not.
  4. dperkins

Kinda thought if I had to buy new stuff might as well make it match the caliber of the car and do something custom. Don't want just any regular old parking brake.
  5. dperkins

Ordered a new seat and will order a nine lives wing soon enough, but now I have to tackle the biggest thing before getting inspected: the parking brake. I tossed my parking brake cables and lever before there was the option of a kit thinking I wouldn't need them. Now I'm stuck designing a custom...
  6. dperkins

I decided I'm not going to risk the integrity of the seat and cut it, and instead just sell them and buy new ones. The new sparcos I've chosen will work better with the mounts anyway.
  7. dperkins

Just as I thought I was going to get the seats in... The shoulder supports are just a tad too wide :( Going to see if I can chop an inch off of each shoulder, but I am very reluctant to do so. Probably just going to buy new seats. Dang Pro 2000s...
  8. dperkins

Can a lowly teenager build a DF Goblin?

Being a teenager myself, I can say with 1000% certainty that the entire project can be done solo with the internet as your main resource. Every problem you come across will be able to be solved by some sleuthing around on forums and YouTube. Space can be an issue, but keeping all your parts...
  9. dperkins

I'm super happy to be back too! I'm gonna wait till I can drive it around for a bit before hitting the dyno so the engine has a chance to break in and seat rings and whatnot
  10. dperkins

All I can say is... took me long enough! Pictured is the first fill up ever! Many problems to solve and things to finish but I am so happy I got it running after almost 3 years!
  11. dperkins

Custom Ignition Switch Electrical Adapter

A new round any time soon?
  12. dperkins

Wing Options

They're 29 inches apart. If I have to drill the rivets I would rather see if I could accommodate the original position but if it isn't possible that's ok.
  13. dperkins

Wing Options

Lonny is sending me the standard mounting hardware that should just bolt right up to the wing.
  14. dperkins

Wing Options

90% of the carbon fiber wings for sale online are made in the same factory then branded differently. The APR GTC200 wing is the same as a generic eBay wing, just marked up with their logo on it. This NRG wing on eBay is the same as APR but half the price. I have placed an order on one of them...
  15. dperkins

Wing Options

Pretty sure the generic 69” wings work from eBay. Only 300 dollars for a CF one and the quality isn’t half bad Edit: Turns out the 69” wings have a bracket width of 32 inches. The 59” or 60” wings will work as they’re 29” wide.