Recent content by jpr

1. jpr

[SOLD] Titled NA naked Goblin for sale - $15k obo

This car has gone on to its next adventure! Congrats to the new owners, excited to see what they do with it.
  2. jpr

Mine's classified as "convertible". For some reason the title is listed as "Rebuilt" but the condition is "new". Definitely doesn't seem like a fully-baked process.
  3. jpr

The biggest thing was trying to figure out what they wanted from me. I started from an already-stripped donor so I never had a title. Which, as it turns out, is an unwritten requirement for getting a title for the Goblin on the first try. Bill of sale doesn't cut it as proof of ownership...
  4. jpr

After several great years driving, autocrossing, and occasionally corresponding with my new friends at the DMV, I finally have a title for the car and it's time to downsize the garage and move on to my next adventure. ~90k on the engine/trans, ~5k on the complete car. Auto with a shift kit...
  5. jpr

jpr's City Goblin - 07/08 LT donor

Found it on Craigslist. It's the kind that has 2 lateral bars and 2 racks - of that I use only the one rack. It bolts to the Goblin frame with some shaft collars I drilled and tapped.
  6. jpr

jpr's City Goblin - 07/08 LT donor

After a few friends drove it at a recent autocross practice event and complained about the slow steering, I decided to get off my butt and do some research. Turns out... the Sport Suspension steering racks (FE3, FE5) have a quicker ratio than the Soft Suspension steering racks. 2.9 vs. 3.5...
  7. jpr

Throttle Response

Yep! Just drive-by-wire things. You get used to it.
  8. jpr

[off market] Complete naked Goblin for sale - $12k obo

Hi David, Currently the car is off market pending getting a title. I'd anticipate it having a title later this summer at which point I may be relisting. I'm not particularly comfortable taking someone's money only to have them discover challenges getting it legal somewhere down the line.
  9. jpr

Maybe - I feel the price was fair as-is (dialed in and tagged, yes, but no title). Having the title in hand adds value by opening the market up quite a bit, and yes, ~15 will be a more appropriate price at that time.
  10. jpr

Logistical disagreements. I'll also be getting it titled before re-listing it.
  11. jpr

The sale did not end up happening, but it is not for sale anymore either.
  12. jpr

Sale pending.
  13. jpr

Webster, MN. About 20 miles south of Minneapolis - looks like a 3.5h drive for you.
  14. jpr

Minnesota Registration

Evidently. Best of luck to you.