Recent content by lksohm

1. lksohm

Fuel gauge accuracy?

I don't remember the specific way I bent my float rod, I think I just did whatever the video said. I have learned that when the needle comes off of full, that tank is about half way down. I haven't ran it out of gas yet but I know when it's on E it still has SOME fuel.
  2. lksohm

Robinjo #405 Full Cage - 2006 SS/SC Build "Drago"

I had this happen. Within two miles of me getting good tires I had both side mirrors cracked. I never saw them get broke but when I came out of the restaurant to go home they were in pieces. Another opportunity to upgrade or make your ride even more unique.
  3. lksohm

Robs Iowa Goblin

Oh cool! I have a brother that lives right in that area. It has been a few years since I went through that process. Basically, I had to set up an appointment and meet with an inspector who gave me a VIN on the spot. How far are you from that point? Looks like you are wanting to get on the road...
  4. lksohm

Robs Iowa Goblin

Hey, finally another confirmed Iowa Goblin! Looks like you have made some incredible progress for only having your kit for a few months. I am in central Iowa, would be cool to do a meet up at a car show or just for a cruise.
  5. lksohm

Taking a plunge into machining

With my Goblin being 95% where I want it. I am moving on to other bucket list hobbies that I want to take on. I blame the Goblin for kinda ruining car projects for me. They all seem pretty tame now. I am by no means getting rid of the Gob, but rather want to integrate the lathe into projects. I...
  6. lksohm

You know what’s more fun than finishing your goblin?

That's super rough but I feel your pain. I had rear main seal leak shortly after assembly, this will be a very similar procedure to fix. http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/lukes-city-frame-goblin-07-ss-sc-registered.795/post-45968 I was able to separate and remove the trans with the...
  7. lksohm

No Power, How Do I Test Issues?

Some easy things to try are things like, making sure your key is off and headlight switches are turned off when attaching the battery cables. A small spark is normal but if large could be a sign of an issue. Yes, the negative cable goes to the threaded rod on the side of the battery holder...
  8. lksohm

Cobalt Potential

I was reading something similar about the Toyos that I put on this season. I am not sure if it is a wife's tale or legitimate. I figured I'd stash the summer tires in the house and through on the donor wheels to roll it around. Just to be safe.
  9. lksohm

Cigarette Lighter Port / Plug Wiring

That depends on what you are planning do do with the port to some degree. If you want power all the time you can use a battery power pink wire from the BCM. If you only want power to the plug when you have the key on find a BCM wire to plug into that is key power. You will want to make sure the...
  10. lksohm

LSJ Supercharged Goblin for Sale - SOLD

No way anyone could build one for this price. That's going to be a steal for someone.
  11. lksohm

Brake booster repair

I did manage to get this booster back together after this. It has been a while but I think I just kinda pressed it together by hand and it held. It has been on the car and on the road for 3 years since with zero signs of issues.
  12. lksohm

P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

I am finally confident that I have this issue resolved. I have not been updating this adventure as it has been frustrating enough to deal with as I fought it but wanted to give closure to the issue and help anyone with similar issues. The fix was to replace the PCM. I bought a replacement from...
  13. lksohm

Anyone near Iowa…

I'm in central Iowa with a completed car. Message me and we can line something up.
  14. lksohm

Sorry. I am just seeing this message. I didn't want to post anything til it has come to a...

Sorry. I am just seeing this message. I didn't want to post anything til it has come to a conclusion but I should have it going now. It took a new computer and finding a compitent tuner to get it working. I won't be able to get the car from the tuner til tomorrow. I want to give it a thorough...
  15. lksohm

Title issue

I have my car registered and built in Iowa. It was SUPER easy. Get a hold of me if you want to ask any questions.