Recent content by Oldchevyguy

1. Oldchevyguy

An alternative to stock Cobalt parking brake cables

For two years now they have worked great.
  2. Oldchevyguy

My Montana plates arrived!

I registered my Goblin over a year ago. I just renewed my Montana registration for the next year.
  3. Oldchevyguy

Goblin vs Ariel Atom

Just reading about the Ariel Atom. They say they weight 1349 lbs. My extended LSJ Powered Goblin weights 1620 lbs. Anyone have an idea why the A A is lighter? It has like a 100 hp more too.
  4. Oldchevyguy

Got mine weighted today. What does your weight?

It's for sale BTW. Asking $69K
  5. Oldchevyguy

I've got over 700 miles on mine now. I just got it dyno tuned. It had 240 Rwhp, and a very flat torque curve. It weighted 1880 with my large, 260 lb body inside. It goes like STINK! I have a Factory five GTM with over 500 Rwhp, and the goblin might be faster! Except for top end of course.
  6. Oldchevyguy

Florida Title & Registering

Glad to see Florida would eventually come to there senses. As said before, I was shot down last spring. I registered in Montana, and I have to say I would do it again! You cant beat the no sales tax benefit! Recently I registered a used motorhome the same way. It is over 11 years old so the...
  7. Oldchevyguy

Yes, I wonder about the accuracy too. Short of spending a fortune on racing scales, where could I get a accurate scale reading?
  8. Oldchevyguy

Oh, I forgot. I have an emergency brake option. That probably adds about 25 pounds also.
  9. Oldchevyguy

Look at the numbers provided by others here. There appears to be at least a hundred pound difference between the short and extended models. Dont forget that extra lenght is filled by longer panels, and other stuff.
  10. Oldchevyguy

Rear wing recommendations

My point for those contemplating a build, or just starting is that you dont need to spend a fortune on a rear wing. It's really more cosmetic than functional on these cars.
  11. Oldchevyguy

Rear wing recommendations

Just my $.02. Why pay HUNDREDS of dollars for a carbon fiber wing on a, let's face it, economy hot car.??. I payed about $60 for an aluminum 2 blade one from ebay, and I think it looks great. Of course I bought the DFG uprights to make it work.
  12. Oldchevyguy

It appears that the extended frame weights 50 - 100 lbs more. Lonny probably has a more accurate number.
  13. Oldchevyguy

Do you have any idea why yours is so much lighter than mine?
  14. Oldchevyguy

90 pounds each, or together?