Recent content by Rabid Sloth Racing

1. R

*Official Builders Thread* Where are you located?

Tim - Midland, TX - '06 SS/SC, Ext Track, #141
  2. R

Rabid Sloth Racing's '06 SS/SC full-caged street Goblin

Yea, $11 bucks kind of shocked me, but I had to rent the tow rig to move another car so I'm not counting those expenses in my final Goblin costs. There are a couple extra wires I would like to have. Radio, lighter, USB, side marker lights, and trailer light connector. I may see if Lonny and...
  3. R

Finally back home and able to work on the car again. Got rid of the carcass, it brought a whopping $11.37 from the local scrap yard. I've started cleaning and painting some of the small parts. Still need take pics and try to sell the doors, seats, and such. I'm trying to decide about having...
  4. R

Y'all have no idea how badly my donor stank. Since the garage is one door away from the living room I went a little overboard pulling stuff off to throw in the dumpster. Between that and a pump sprayer full of Fabreeze my dog will finally follow me back into the shop without looking quite so...
  5. R

Only a month later and I've finally finished stripping the donor. I hope the scrapyard will be able to come early next week before I have to run to Austin for a few days. If so, I'll be ready to organize the garage, strip the dash, and start prepping parts next weekend!
  6. R

Good looking out. I'll want to go with the e-brake option but I may have missed pulling the tubes.
  7. R

Slowly getting there. I still need to pull the dash, wiring, and rear suspension out.
  8. R

Looks like I get frame #141!
  9. R

Things have been moving slowly on the tear-down of the donor. So far I'm very happy with what I bought. The engine doesn't have any old oil stains on it. After running it up to temp there were no leaks. The computer isn't throwing any codes. It appears that the only mods the kid did were a new...
  10. R

Ever since I was a little kid I've wanted to build a kit, but I was never able to find something that fit. While I have turned a few wrenches over the years, I've never done anything to the extent of soloing a full build. So for a first go at it I didn't want anything too expensive or...