Recent content by Rabid Sloth Racing

1. R

Goblin picture game

Your Goblin, with a plane.
  2. R

*Official Builders Thread* -- Where are you located?

Quick update. I'm in Sharpstown Houston now
  3. R

No start

Was your key all the way on when you jumped the starter? If it wasn't the car will cut off as soon as you stop jumping the starter. I have an issue that I can't track down where the car won't start from the key. After checking the grounds then cleaning and sealing all the connectors it was...
  4. R

Instrument cluster and power steering are failing

Can I just wire to the crank fuse in the fuse box?
  5. R

Sweet. I went through and cleaned every connector from the cluster and steering to the BCU... Now it won't start at all. For hot wiring, I connect to the little bolt on the starter?
  6. R

Hey all, I'm having an electrical issue I can't track down. when I turn on the key, my gauge cluster lights up and the speedo, tach, and fuel gauges move up to zero. But when I try to turn on the car I have to wait 20-30 seconds for the starter to fire. Once it's started everything cuts off and...
  7. R

I don't need all the valves working do I...

Back to the wins... My scope is junk, but I can't see any piston or cylinder damage. There are used junkyard heads out there with less than 60k miles for under $200 I already have a head gasket Due to the time constraints, rather than doing everything the right way, I might just slap a used...
  8. R

Found the scope... So the positives: I don't need to fix anything right now. I don't need to buy a toy hauler to pull the Goblin around in right now. I have my spring project already decided. I'll be able to get the timing chain, water pump, valve springs, all upgraded The negatives: I'm not...
  9. R

And the wins stop... The cam lobe was out of the way and just by loosening the bearing caps there was enough room to pop the rocker back in without de-timing. Once everything was in and torqued down I tried rotating the engine to be sure everything was working properly. I can spin it until the...
  10. R

The wins keep coming. Went to the local stealership because they had two lifters in stock for $20 each. When i got there they had two boxes of eight lifters per box at $20... I asked to double check and the cashier was 100% sure the price was per box. So I just bought an entire set of 16 for...
  11. R

I was heading to get the Goblin weighed for titling when suddenly it started making a tapping noise. Luckily I was passing a friendly and secure parking lot.
  12. R

What do you not like about your Goblin

18,000 rpm... so a new top speed of 500 mph?
  13. R

Loss of power

I pulled the pump to take a look at it. When it went in the tank it was in one piece. It came out in four pieces... I'm not really sure how it was getting any pressure, since by the time it was out the actual pump wasn't attached to anything. Got the only pump in town (no name cheapy from...
  14. R

Loss of power

Update: I beat it with a rubber mallet. Now it only gets to 15 psi with the key in 1st position...