Recent content by taz_va

1. T

Base Model Performance

Just scanned through here, lots of great input from everyone. I'll just reiterate what's been said. You can learn to race in anything. The fundamentals don't really change. Different vehicles simply have different manners and limits. If you want a "disposable" car which is easy to work on, and...
  2. T

front license plate mounting sollutions and parking brake sollutions

I know this is an old thread, but since it's a replica vehicle and I'm presuming you're going to register it as a replica in your state, are you sure you need the front plate? Most of the replica/antique vehicles I've seen in VA, don't use a front plate. They're also not beholden to the same...
  3. T

Tim's Extended Track Lower Entry - 10 SS/Tc *REGISTERED*

I don't want to hijack your thread, it's just that your pictures are so perfect for my question: Relating to the aluminum stock used in the steering assembly in your pics up above, is it safe to presume it's not "clear" anodized, it's just bare aluminum? Love the pics, keep them coming.
  4. T

Boost Referenced Fuel System

Good point, I've always been one to push envelopes, I should refrain from pushing others haha =)
  5. T

DOoo itttttt hahaa
  6. T

That's awesome.
  7. T

IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED** #105

Your Cosmis wheels, were they custom made? I can't find any in 17" Edit: Nevermind, had to look at some distributor's websites, rather than Cosmis' own website lol.
  8. T

Wing Uprights

These are great
  9. T

Nice post, that corrects the presumption in my post up above, about the fuel filter.
  10. T

Another random thought, if you're at 40% DC at WOT, and your trims/afr look great, you really have plenty of room to up the boost. I was reading somewhere that the ZZP people hung out, that you didn't really need 60# until you were passing 18lb of boost. That 40% DC just really sticks in my head...
  11. T

Glad to be of some value. I believe for the Cobalts, the pressure regulator is in the fuel bucket. See this post for a picture of it: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/how-guide-43/ottp-return-fuel-system-320592/ I don't believe the filter has a return line, it's a canister with 2 ports--in/out...
  12. T

Good response honestly. The TLDR is you can't go wrong with a BRFS, very easy to install, and it's not going to hurt the build by installing it, just make sure you log fuel pressure / afr / boost, and all the other tidbits to make sure the system is efficient & safe. Here's a little more...
  13. T

Not to sound unhelpful, but did you match your injectors to your flow/power needs? Sometimes people get injectors which are too large, and run into a situation where duty cycle is low, and idle sucks. Some people won't have an issue at lower rpm's based on how much airflow is going into the...
  14. T

DF Kit Car Online Store Progress

This is entirely random, but why not hire an intern to finish it up?
  15. T

Dan Perry - 4" Extended Street

Whatever happened to this build?