Redlines - 2008 SS TC Goblin build in Mississippi

redline

ok so subwoofer wire can go, and I am guessing the abs srs module wires can be cut out also.

redline

awesome you rock! so I assume you did a tc car also? did your fuse box area look like this with all these big plugs left over and utter chaos with the wires?

Attachments

redline

ok, I found the connector that my data wires went to instead of the black and purple plug. they are going to the electronic brake module plug instead of the black and purple plug shown in the video. in fact I don't even see the brake module plug in the video. anyone run across this?

Steve Sallenbach

I have a 09 turbo, my twisted pair went to the ABS plug, if I remember correctly the same wire should be coming out of the smaller of the two black ECM plugs. you need to connect those to wires to the BCM, or you should see that twisted pair coming from the BCM side someplace and solder to the ECM plug, it's been too long, but I can in-tape wires to verify. If you don't see what I am talking about let me know or give me a call at 402-443-6704.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
If you are referring to the brown and brown/blk data twisted pair of wires (as opposed to the green low speed data), then the bottom line is that they start at the power steering and then go in to the BCM and then back out of the BCM and then to the ECM. That is all you need for those wires. You will have to cut out the brake module or anything else not being used that had the data wires going to them. They don't need to go to anything else.

Tony

I'll second what Chad said. I had the same confusion when I started with my harness, but I found the easiest way to keep track was to cut the pairs at any connector that isn't needed (ABS, OnStar, etc) and tape/label each pair separately. So, for example, you'll have two cut pairs labeled ABS - one "in" and one "out". When you get done thinning, if there are any twisted pairs that are loose at both ends, toss them, then there should only be two loose ends left - those get connected.

redline

ok, thank you guys. I soldered the pair that went to the ABS plug to the pair in the ECM and have that running down to the BCM box. I also cut out all the wires and removed the big black and red ABS plug altogether, that helped clean up a lot of the spaghetti wiring I had up by the fuse box. I think it will help later people doing TC cars to have mention in the video of this plug and that it can be cut away. That would clear up a lot of confusion.
Also note worthy differences from the video - removing the yaw sensor.

redline

Anyone know what this connector is? I'm doing last video and it shows 3 connectors on the ignition switch. I only have 2 but then there is this connector up there with nowhere to plug it in??? I have tried looking it up with no luck, it has green, gray, and tan wires going to it.

Attachments

redline

great, it has not connection on the ends. ( all wires were cut at main plug and will need to be extended? since this is not addressed (manual) in the video, do you know how long this will need to be?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Did you guys keep your fog lamp switch??? I can't think of a use for it?
I did for future use. We thought about putting driving light or other aux lights on later. However, with the headlights we have now, don't really need any additional lighting. May use it for highlight lighting.

redline

boost gauge control connector, this is not listed anywhere I can see. any idea where it needs to go (how long to leave it) ??

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
boost gauge control connector, this is not listed anywhere I can see. any idea where it needs to go (how long to leave it) ??
I left my factory length. It goes to where ever you want to mount your boost gauge. We mounted it just above the steering column in a mount Kaleb made.

redline

ok, mine was destroyed so I guess I can cut them out and just put an aftermarket one in. thank you!

redline

finally done with harness!! now onto the donor parts.

With the turbo setup do I need to strip the Maf sensor wires back to the same place?

also curious why we take the ac compressor off? does the kit come with a delete belt?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
also curious why we take the ac compressor off? does the kit come with a delete belt?
We don't. I did not remove the compressor. Some can and use a shorter belt, but the SS/SC cannot. I don't remember if the TC can, I assume they can because they don't have the SC pulley to worry about.