Nilbog's Matte Blaze 08 LT

Nilbog

Hi everyone. I usually lurk around forums without documenting much but i've had so much fun with this project so far i figured i'd share my experiences. Will be using mostly as a weekend toy on the street if i can get it licensed. Already have insurance determined through my current provider, SF. I actually came across this project when i came across a video online of an Ariel Atom. Thought it was awesome until i saw the price. I then started hitting the google and found the goblin...... let the story begin.

Searched for about 2 weeks and then found a 2008 LT with 72K miles on it for $600. The car was actually sold as an 07 LT which is the main reason i bought it, i likely would not have bought it had i known it was an 08.

Car had a previous salvage title. Seller said it "runs great when it starts, sometimes it doesnt start, sometimes it runs rough when it starts". Interesting. Windows didnt work, stereo didnt work, seat belt was broken. I asked if he trusts it... he said yeah i've been driving it for a year. I asked what percent likelihood i could make it home 75 miles away.. he said he'd give it 5% likely. Long story short it ran like a champ even through a rain storm with the windows down :)

Attachments

Nilbog

Engine stripped and ready for paint prep.

The entire goblin will be Matte black with the exception of a few accents in bright blaze orange.

Been getting the run around from the powder coat shops around here so i've decided to build a curing chamber and coat it myself. Chassis is estimated to be shipped from DF last week of august so a have a couple weeks to get the coating chamber ready.

Attachments

Dre

Stripped and ready for recycle.... no one wants it so its been sitting for a couple weeks! :(
I had the same problem. The only way for me to get rid of it was to take it myself to recycling. I ended up giving it to a friend of a friend who recycles vehicles.

Nilbog

I had the same problem. The only way for me to get rid of it was to take it myself to recycling. I ended up giving it to a friend of a friend who recycles vehicles.
Yeah, unfortunately i just bought a plasma so it'll be getting a workout. I dont currently have a good trailer to haul it to the scrap yard. They will all take it but dont want to pick it up!

Reactions: Dre

jamesm

Goblin Guru
What did you tell State Farm to get them to insure it? My local agent wanted almost $1500/year for regular insurance.

Nilbog

Is it insured as a kit? or as a cobalt?
Insured as a "1957 lotus 7 goblin replica" Thats how they described it to me on the quote. I literally sent them the link to the DF goblin website and said im building one. They sent it through underwriting and thats what they came up with. Under 3500 mileage per year.

Nilbog

How hard is it to add the ZZP supercharger kit after the engine is installed in the goblin? Has anyone done that yet? I would prefer to get the car running and inspected so i know it can be driven on roads before i add a supercharger. Just looking to get around 200hp.

Nilbog

i know there are other mileage options but to be honest i dont know what they are. When i discussed with SF on the phone what the quote request would be for they just threw out "do you plan to drive more than 3500 miles?" i just stated no, and they said they would add it as <3500 miles per year plan.

redline

I have a supercharger if you need one. I don't think I have any more intake manifolds but if I run across one ill set it aside for you.

Nilbog

I have a supercharger if you need one. I don't think I have any more intake manifolds but if I run across one ill set it aside for you.
Thanks, i'll let you know. I found a guy with a charger, intake and zzp TB asking $200 for all. Planning to pick that up but wondering what else is really needed? Is it easiest to just buy the ZZP kit minus the charger/intake/TB for ~$750? i've never used a SC before (NA guy) so its new to me.

Nilbog

Supercharger folks, picked up some parts pretty much un-researched... anything specific i should be looking at on the intake or charger? Guy said the intake has the double bypass. Guess i need to start researching ;)

Attachments

Reactions: jpr

George

Goblin Guru
The double bypass refees to the water flow on intercooler. Look a ZZP for doube bypass. For diagram of hose routing.

Brad