Non-DF owner but can maybe help with DOT

terryjr

10/14/18

Got home last night from vacation and everything was there. No longer waiting on the state to drive my creation. Now im waiting on Grundy lol.

Got the VIN plate, Title separately, and then Registration and Plate came in same envelope. ISC also sent my a congrats package too.

I just have to get insurance finalized and then attach vin plate and trailer drive it back to inspection station for my normal annual safety inspection sticker.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Congratulations!!! It’s so exciting to finally get all the legal junk out of the way. Insurance is a fun task also.

Ringing the bell again!

terryjr

So what did you end up doing for the area that had the plastic?
They didnt make me change much at all. Just more side lighting and reflectors, a heat shield where my fuel fill is close to muffler and a cover over where my battery cable runs through interior. Even the glass was a non-isssue once i gave them the paper stated it was ANSI Z26.1 AS1.

terryjr

curious what "hoops" insurance requires or what the cost is vs run of the mill auto
Insurance was actually a breeze. Called Grundy, gave thema reasonable "Agreed Value", filled out app, waited a day for them to run app and photo by underwriter. Paid my annual premium and got ID cards. I have nice coverage too. Full tort, Collison, Comprehensive, well over state min coverage, for like $15/month. It just goes b the fact that these arent daily driven cars. You must have a normal daily with a separate auto policy on it.

Got my window sticker today to so the process is offically complete. Im like any other road car out there legal wise

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Insurance was actually a breeze. Called Grundy, gave thema reasonable "Agreed Value", filled out app, waited a day for them to run app and photo by underwriter. Paid my annual premium and got ID cards. I have nice coverage too. Full tort, Collison, Comprehensive, well over state min coverage, for like $15/month. It just goes b the fact that these arent daily driven cars. You must have a normal daily with a separate auto policy on it.

Got my window sticker today to so the process is offically complete. Im like any other road car out there legal wise
Are there limitations on the mileage, etc?

terryjr

You tell them what you expect to do but They don't ask for odometer so i guess its on the honor system. As far as I know there's no limit. I have a 46 or page policy I can upload if anyone wants to read the fine print.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
The guy with the blue T shirt at about the 11:10 mark cracks me up! He has such a grin while taking pics. I was laughing my ass off. My girlfriend said us guys are weird! LOL

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I get my fair share of people like the two guys @ 9:17. They just walk by without even looking. Or did they? I was filling up yesterday and pulled up right next to a guy, and he didn't even look over. It's like there was a force field surrounding the Goblin that would have burned out his eyes had he looked.

No hurt feelings or complaints here when that happens. I think it's actually kind of funny, and makes me smile just as much. All the waves, head turns, "F#@K yeahs", thumbs up, etc make up for the small percentage who don't give a rat's ass about something you just don't see everyday. To each their own.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Hey, Im Terry. I recently built "exotruck" and I'm in the middle of registering it in PA. There not a lot of info out there on registering a tube chassis type vehicle in PA, came across this forum looking. Hopefully soon I can help answer any questions of registering. I'll just be lurking otherwise.

Exotruck is a home built, Front engine AWD Subaru powered pickup
View attachment 4975
I saw the exotruck today outside of Pittsburgh chasing a yellow Mustang. I tried to catch up with them, but they were cruising about 85 to 90mph right behind the Mustang! It looks even better in person! I just happen to be in Pittsburgh today picking up a brand new F35 tranny and new GMPP Clucth Kit for the Goblin.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
I saw the exotruck today outside of Pittsburgh chasing a yellow Mustang. I tried to catch up with them, but they were cruising about 85 to 90mph right behind the Mustang! It looks even better in person! I just happen to be in Pittsburgh today picking up a brand new F35 tranny and new GMPP Clucth Kit for the Goblin.
I was thinking of buying the tranny from Jeff, but found them on gmpartsdirect for $217 today and $230 shipping. Just have to get a clutch now.
Did you pick up any other goodies from him?