Clutch position switch

Christopher Sanchez

Hey guys I am having trouble with my clutch position switch...it is setting a code on the scan tool. does anyone have a wiring diagram of it.. I have noticed that none of the wires have a 5v, the white/peach colored wires has 0.9v and the nothing to the other 2 wires.. we were able to start the car by jumping the 5v from the brake position but I cannot figure this out... I really do not want to have to open up the harness any ideas would be appreciated

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
From the wiring diagram I have, it should be Pink/Blk and Brown/white. The brown/white goes to the powertrain control module (by the engine).

1545101018858.png

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Also, I almost got tripped up by this, but the gray (2709) wire also runs to your fuel tank pressure sensor which should have been removed when you were trimming the harness. If you weren't paying attention you might have cut the wire before the splice which would kill your 5V reference to your clutch.

It almost got me, so something worth checking.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
If your donor is an SS (MU3) the tan wire (2759) also goes to your fuel level sensor.

Does your fuel gauge work?

If you have a continuity tester you can check for continuity between the tan wire on your fuel pump and the tan wire on your clutch.

Last edited:

Christopher Sanchez

Yes fuel level works, I will check the gray fuel tnk pressure sensor wire! Thanks and also the tan from the fuel pump. Does that mean there should be a tan wire going to the gauge cluster that I could splice the tan wire from if there is no continuity? Thanks for all of the tips

Christopher Sanchez

I have continuity from the tan clutch position switch to fuel pump connector, also have continuity from green wire from clutch position sensor to pcm pin 37.. where does the 3rd white wire go? This is the wire that we thought should be 5v but get only 0.9v. Thanks again for all the help

Christopher Sanchez

Also, I almost got tripped up by this, but the gray (2709) wire also runs to your fuel tank pressure sensor which should have been removed when you were trimming the harness. If you weren't paying attention you might have cut the wire before the splice which would kill your 5V reference to your clutch.

It almost got me, so something worth checking.
My wire looks white which threw me off, I will check this, seems like it’s where my problem will be. Thanks you

Christopher Sanchez

Car starts! Gray wire was the issue but I also wired the clutch position extension incorrectly. The car would start when the clutch was not depressed. Switched the gray and tan wires now it works properly. Thanks again for all the help.