Sat radio module unplugged

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
It won't run because the GMLAN data wires daisy chain through it. When you cut that module out, you basically hook the data wire ends together.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yep, as you follow the thinning of the harness videos, it will talk about it. It's fairly easy and when you get to that point, if you have any questions, we can help.

Amack1970

Thanks guys! The harness thinning is my only worry about this whole build. So some help would be great

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
When you go cutting, make sure you leave enough wire sticking out so you can solder another wire on if you screw up.

I think most people look back at the harness and say that it's really not that bad.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Get yourself access to Alldata or Chiltons for wiring diagrams. there are differences between the years and models. Follow the videos! I think that between all of us on here we have covered all of them. But it has been a while since some of us have cut it up and have to think hard about it. I recommend keeping Radio key and battery hot wires and one or two more for stuff you add in the future.