Body Mods

Jwalk86

Has anyone ever done any body mods to the Goblin?

I was considering building a different body kit for it.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
There is no actual body except for the hood. And it's pretty basic. "Mods" would mean as you put it, building something entirely new.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Yes, There are a bit hard to find on here without going to everyone builds but a couple people have retrofit bodies on here. There is a guy who also made his own hood.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
js-city-goblin-2010-ls (JASTX) and AleX1/9 have built their own hoods.
I'm working on a different nose/hood design than DF's and the others above. Still pretty early in the process.
I dont remember who, but they were modifying a sports racer body to fit their Goblin. Ferrari 333sp 'ish if I recall. Haven't heard if they finished it though.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
I've got a design in the works.

Haven't finalized the hood yet, redesigned it 4 times, that's hood number 2 but I cant decide on what I want. The tab are burned out just haven't welded them in yet for the individual side panels which will be an .050 pre-painted white hardened aluminium sheet that is used a lot for trailer skins, wrapped in a snow camo. The hood just barley clears the reservoir cap for the master cylinderand brake booster.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I've got a design in the works.

Haven't finalized the hood yet, redesigned it 4 times, that's hood number 2 but I cant decide on what I want. The tab are burned out just haven't welded them in yet for the individual side panels which will be an .050 pre-painted white hardened aluminium sheet that is used a lot for trailer skins, wrapped in a snow camo. The hood just barley clears the reservoir cap for the master cylinderand brake booster.

That’s very similar to what I’m working on right now! I’m trying to vac bag flat pieces of carbon fiber laminate for the individual parts and it’s going so slowly.

Converting to manual brakes and removing the power steering motor will help a ton with nosecone clearance.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
That’s very similar to what I’m working on right now! I’m trying to vac bag flat pieces of carbon fiber laminate for the individual parts and it’s going so slowly.

Converting to manual brakes and removing the power steering motor will help a ton with nosecone clearance.
Awesome, can't wait to see what you end up with!

Been following your thread on manual brakes.

Lethalcast

I couldnt survive with the side panels on and i would have no foot rest when off the clutch. It gets hot even with all the air coming through the side of the frame. I do love the look of all the individual pieces in the side and was originally going to try it in plexi but it would be too hot here in florida. I actually want to add in some hood louvers just to aid in some more air coming in.

AleX1/9

I can’t wait to see how this turns out!

Before powdercoat I considered a similar design, but then the thought of making and welding all those tabs.... you’ve got dedication my friend!

I think the biggest advantage will be the ability to change the look easily by removing the panels and wrapping with vinyl. They have very convincing brushed aluminum, carbon fiber, chrome etc.

or if you wanted airflow you could use a perforated sheet or mesh in the summer, or remove altogether. Or add vents or louvers or scoops....

The possibilities are endless!

If I had a do-over, i would build a fiberglass side panel by flipping the bare frame on its side, glassing right onto the tubes, and let the cloth sink down in the holes. That way you could have full side panels, still have the exposed exocage, and you could carpet or upholster your new “interior door panel”

Oh yah here’s the hood I made:

B00B051E-66A5-441B-98C7-AFA1E1F95AAC.jpeg
C7E7F80E-436D-4F54-88EB-E9659C35A6DB.jpeg
1111218A-E14D-47BE-B24E-7D837512EFE9.jpeg
768DA3BE-F3C1-4533-A521-EB62622296C9.jpeg
82B05C39-F390-4089-A528-7417AC2F15AC.jpeg
7BC0F4AD-7416-4A51-BF3B-F1FD44DBF83D.jpeg
8BB70489-5FB1-446A-BDFB-C5E07B231CA0.jpeg

Hopefully it will help you visualize what you want with yours. If I had a do-over I would have lowered the rear edge, making it flatter. I wanted it to shield the gauge cluster and cowl area, but the slope ended up much steeper than I would have liked.

Last edited: