DCMoney's Extended Street Goblin - 06 SS SC - #111 Registered

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Laid the harness in before finalizing wrapping it up and theres not enough slack in the harness to get it to reach the fuse block and still have the BCM sit flush against the front firewall. Was the main harness supposed to be extended for the extended frame kit?

I've got the harness running in between the subframe and fuel tank. Looking at the videos and others builds there seems to be a lot more slack than what I currently have.

Going to pull it back out and cut all the zip ties and see if I can stretch it some.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Had a WTF moment when I hooked up the power wire and that engine started to crank over. After a few minutes of looking figured out the power wire from the battery to the starter was making contact with the starter control wire.

Engine is currently cranking over from the key, haven't attached all the fuel system yet so cant start it just yet.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Highly recommend checking for any clogs in your hard brake lines, had blockage in both rear hard lines, one blew out with air pressure the other wasn't so easy, ran welding wire through it to finally clear it.

Read all about pressure bleeding, tried that, no luck, once the blockage was clear my vacuum bleeder worked fine.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
State inspection is scheduled for August 20th, a little later than I would have liked, should have scheduled it sooner, didn't realize there was a 5 week wait for an inspection.

Car runs ,idles, cools. Brakes are done, shifter is installed needs slight adjustment, can get it into all gears but reverse right now, only messed with it for a minute so far. Planning on taking it on its maiden voyage around the neighborhood sometime this week.

Need to wrap up my headlights, tail lights and turn signals.

Was going to wait till after I got it inspected and street legal to do the side panels and hood but with the 5 weeks till my inspection guess I work on them.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Highly recommend checking for any clogs in your hard brake lines, had blockage in both rear hard lines, one blew out with air pressure the other wasn't so easy, ran welding wire through it to finally clear it.

Read all about pressure bleeding, tried that, no luck, once the blockage was clear my vacuum bleeder worked fine.
The DF supplied hard brake line came with a blockage? I never thought of checking for that.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
The DF supplied hard brake line came with a blockage? I never thought of checking for that.
Yep, probably from sitting in the garage for 8 months, should have plugged the ends before letting them sit. Just happy the clutch line wasn't clogged.

askiles

Goblin Guru
State inspection is scheduled for August 20th, a little later than I would have liked, should have scheduled it sooner, didn't realize there was a 5 week wait for an inspection.

Car runs ,idles, cools. Brakes are done, shifter is installed needs slight adjustment, can get it into all gears but reverse right now, only messed with it for a minute so far. Planning on taking it on its maiden voyage around the neighborhood sometime this week.

Need to wrap up my headlights, tail lights and turn signals.

Was going to wait till after I got it inspected and street legal to do the side panels and hood but with the 5 weeks till my inspection guess I work on them.
Wow this IS a long time to wait to just get an inspection. Luckily in AZ I just went down there the next day. Easy peasy.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Just took the goblin out for the first test drive. Cant even tough the throttle without it lurching, tried easing into it as much as possible and still it would just lurch, tried 2nd gear same thing.

Think I've read about others having this issue but search isn't turning up much.

With scanner plugged in only codes are related to evap, at idle TPS says 16%. Read else where a flash to the stage 2 helped cobalts with touchy throttles.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Congrats! It took me a few days, but I am getting pretty smooth on the throttle now. You can always do 3rd gear starts...

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Congrats! It took me a few days, but I am getting pretty smooth on the throttle now. You can always do 3rd gear starts...
Took it out a few more times, 2nd gear is manageable but no way the car should be like this.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
It is probably all in the torque management settings in the tune. The car is much lighter than the Cobalt.
Yeah I did a bunch of reading tonight, ordered HP tuners from amazon, should be here Monday. Anyone have a good stock tune?

Even not being able to drive it in 1st gear, it's still amazing. Heard the supercharger for a split second.

Think I have an idea on how to stiffen up the throttle pedal to make it more manageable.

Got my inspection headlights wired up (ones that are coming off after I get registered), and one of my tail lights.

Battery light came on at the dash, obd scanner says 13.4 volts while idling, volt meter on battery reads 14.4 volts, not sure why the difference. Threw an extra ground wire on the alternator to check if it was a bad ground, no change.

Lastly, heard the Jefferson City inspection is typically easier/sooner to get into so I plan on calling them Monday to see when I can get in.

askiles

Goblin Guru
Yeah I did a bunch of reading tonight, ordered HP tuners from amazon, should be here Monday. Anyone have a good stock tune?

Even not being able to drive it in 1st gear, it's still amazing. Heard the supercharger for a split second.

Think I have an idea on how to stiffen up the throttle pedal to make it more manageable.

Got my inspection headlights wired up (ones that are coming off after I get registered), and one of my tail lights.

Battery light came on at the dash, obd scanner says 13.4 volts while idling, volt meter on battery reads 14.4 volts, not sure why the difference. Threw an extra ground wire on the alternator to check if it was a bad ground, no change.

Lastly, heard the Jefferson City inspection is typically easier/sooner to get into so I plan on calling them Monday to see when I can get in.
Are you thinking you don’t have a stock tune? I could send you one and you can compare it.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Are you thinking you don’t have a stock tune? I could send you one and you can compare it.
Should have been more specific, a good tune for a stock set up.

I believe it has a stock tune on it, or have no reason to think otherwise.