Custom Exhaust

askiles

Goblin Guru
So I decided to take it upon myself to make a custom exhaust. I just needed a little help on the welding front...luckily I am the managing partner of a metals fabrication company, so I have great welders at my disposal. Lol

All SS. 3” pipe, straight through Dynomax 6” muffler. It’s all fitted and tacked, ready to weld out. I will get finished pics once it’s welded and installed. I’ll see about getting a video clip of it as well.

Attachments

askiles

Goblin Guru
Andy, what is the weight difference? Is the new one any lighter? Looks great and should be freer flowing.
I’ll have to weigh the two and see if there is any difference in weight. My guess is that there isn’t much of a difference. The new one uses 3” pipe so it’s a little bigger. We will see though.

Balphamore

Nice work on the design. Ummmm no offense when I ask this. That isn't one of those mosquito on steroids, whoopee cushion mufflers is it? Not trying to be mean or course.

askiles

Goblin Guru
So the custom 3” SS exhaust is all welded up, installed, and sounds great. A lot lower and a bit louder. Definitely a great tone. Not at all “ricer fart can” in any way. Anyways, enjoy a few pics. I am working on editing the videos.

Oh, and this exhaust weighed 2.5lbs more than the DF 2 1/2” one that came with the kit.

Attachments

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Was looking at the exhaust on the two Goblins “BLUE“ was the 2” version sounds good can drive on the street and actually talk to the person next to you (but it is a little too restrictive). The 3” version on Nate’s car is just obnoxious great for an autocross event but painful just for normal driving. Then there is the whole thing with keeping the heat around the engine area. (Actually running the catalytic converter for the DOT was even worse). So has anyone tried or even thought of running the pipe around the lower frame and then mounting the muffler low and tight (relatively) to the cradle. Simple flexible hangers to the frame for support and the heat dissipation and extra area in the engine bay. Was going to try the 2.5” MF muffler not sure on the noise level. And with my bumpers it should tuck in without the possibility of someone getting burned on it.
Thoughts???
THX,
Bruce
BEAE43A4-D75C-4914-BF61-90264C2D1EA5.jpeg

76A6E8A7-7BE2-4006-896E-25C2CA0FFD7E.jpeg

Attachments

askiles

Goblin Guru
Good Evening,
Was looking at the exhaust on the two Goblins “BLUE“ was the 2” version sounds good can drive on the street and actually talk to the person next to you (but it is a little too restrictive). The 3” version on Nate’s car is just obnoxious great for an autocross event but painful just for normal driving. Then there is the whole thing with keeping the heat around the engine area. (Actually running the catalytic converter for the DOT was even worse). So has anyone tried or even thought of running the pipe around the lower frame and then mounting the muffler low and tight (relatively) to the cradle. Simple flexible hangers to the frame for support and the heat dissipation and extra area in the engine bay. Was going to try the 2.5” MF muffler not sure on the noise level. And with my bumpers it should tuck in without the possibility of someone getting burned on it.
Thoughts???
THX,
Bruce
View attachment 10770
View attachment 10771
Very interesting! That could work. Let us know how it comes out! Now those Magnapack mufflers are quite loud. There is barely any muffling going on with them. Just a heads up.

GoblinGuyZ

Just finished fabricating mine. Was a bit of work for sure but quite happy how it came out. Vibrant 2.5 in to twin 2.25 exits. Tight fit but looks almost made for it and certainly a lot more visually appealing than the stock setup. Sounds awesome as well. Not very loud considering I also upgraded the header the same time. Had to make some custom mounts that I bolted to the spoiler brackets and a short 3"flex with v band connectors throughout and stainless mandrel bends including some pie cuts for the offset loop from the header into the barrel. Let me know what you think.

GoblinGuyZ

General cost for the above build not including labor....

Vibrant muffler $295
Mandrel Bends (2 x U, 2x90(couldve probably cut another U in 2) a foot of straight for the pie cuts $100
3" Short Flex Pipe $35
4 x SS Vbands - 1x3, 1x2.5, 2x2.25 $70
2x Exhaust Dual Tips - $88
For the brackets I used metal I had left back and of course the wire and gas are nominal so it's mostly time.
So total maybe around $600 in parts and I did it myself.