Am planing on registration in Florida. Need help.

Oldchevyguy

Hi there. I'm in the planing and doner stripping stages right now. I will register my goblin in Florida. I have questions about what equipment, i.e. windshield, bumpers, emissions, ect. Stuff not in the kit. I have read the previous post with the three documents will will need to fill out. It would be great if I could make contact with someone who has completed the Florida registration process. Thanks! BILL. Bushnell Fl, Adams NY.

Lethalcast

I have a lot of info on how to but I need to dig out the folder with everything. It wasn't hard once Adam and I figured out how to do it. Just off the top of my head I'll try to give you a quick summary and post back later with more.
Things you'll need.
- invoices from Adam with letterhead for stage 1. All the items required for the dmv are listed on stage 1 so you only need the invoice for that.
- the donor has to be registered to you
- you'll have to fill out the forms and I'll post back what ones
- you need 1 photo of each side of the vehicle complete for a total of 4 photos
- for things the car is required to have you'll just need all lights including tag light, seatbelts and windshield. You do not need any fenders or emission equipment
- you'll send all the paperwork along with photos and application to the dmhsv in your district for them to look over and set your appointment date. I took mine to ocala because Mark at that location made everything easy.
- once you get your appointment set you can go to the dmv and get a 10day tag to drive it to the location for inspection.
- you'll get a title at the inspection office or can have ot mailed.
- you'll then have to go to the dmv near where you live to get your tag. You'll also need proof of insurance to tag it.
I know there is a lot I'm missing but I'll post back with more info

Oldchevyguy

I have a lot of info on how to but I need to dig out the folder with everything. It wasn't hard once Adam and I figured out how to do it. Just off the top of my head I'll try to give you a quick summary and post back later with more.
Things you'll need.
- invoices from Adam with letterhead for stage 1. All the items required for the dmv are listed on stage 1 so you only need the invoice for that.
- the donor has to be registered to you
- you'll have to fill out the forms and I'll post back what ones
- you need 1 photo of each side of the vehicle complete for a total of 4 photos
- for things the car is required to have you'll just need all lights including tag light, seatbelts and windshield. You do not need any fenders or emission equipment
- you'll send all the paperwork along with photos and application to the dmhsv in your district for them to look over and set your appointment date. I took mine to ocala because Mark at that location made everything easy.
- once you get your appointment set you can go to the dmv and get a 10day tag to drive it to the location for inspection.
- you'll get a title at the inspection office or can have ot mailed.
- you'll then have to go to the dmv near where you live to get your tag. You'll also need proof of insurance to tag it.
I know there is a lot I'm missing but I'll post back with more info
Thanks very much for the info. I have just two questions. When you say windshield, did they allow the plastic one that's available, or did you have to come up with a approved glass one? Did you have to put bumpers on the front and/or rear?
Btw, where are you located? I'm
in Bushnell, north of Tampa. I'd like to see yours sometime.

Lethalcast

Just the plexi one and no bumpers needed. He literally came out and looked at it for a few minutes and talked about how cool it was then said let's go get your title. I didnt have to take it off the trailer or even start it. Really nice guy and was super helpful getting everything I needed together. I'm in brevard county and every district has it's own inspection place I guess. Mine was deland and when I called them they gave me all the wrong info and said I had to have airbags and this and that. If you're in tampa then the ocala office isnt far.

Oldchevyguy

Thanks again Lethalcast. I had no idea I needed a title in my name for the doner I went to the DMV ( tag office in NY) today and put it in in my name. Should get the title in the mail in 2 to 4 weeks. I wonder what others would do if their doner was not title able , or if they bought the parts separately ? Good news about not needing a glass windshield or bumpers, although I think I may build a front bumper anyway, for protection and a tie down point for trailering .

Lethalcast

Yeah no problem at all. You'd have to have detailed receipts from the salvage yard you bought the parts from with vin# on a letterhead. I also forgot to add you'll have to have a certified weight ticket on the car. Salvage yards have them but I just went up to the pilot. The semi scale can't weigh the car by itself, it's too light. So you have to leave it on the trailer, weigh in, then take it off and weigh out. I drove it on there and even the scale operator had no idea if it would weigh it. By the time we figured out it wouldnt work I had a line of big rigs behind me haha

HOBGOBLIN

Yeah no problem at all. You'd have to have detailed receipts from the salvage yard you bought the parts from with vin# on a letterhead. I also forgot to add you'll have to have a certified weight ticket on the car. Salvage yards have them but I just went up to the pilot. The semi scale can't weigh the car by itself, it's too light. So you have to leave it on the trailer, weigh in, then take it off and weigh out. I drove it on there and even the scale operator had no idea if it would weigh it. By the time we figured out it wouldnt work I had a line of big rigs behind me haha
I have to weigh the goblin for tittle purposes?

Lethalcast

Yeah you need a certified weight ticket. Any pilot or truck stop has a semi scale. I just rented a uhaul trailer and drove on the scale with the entire rig weighed in and then pulled around and unloaded the goblin then weighed again and you'll have your weight

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon,
Save yourself some time,math and the $10 fee for weighing the trailer and car... Just pull/push (hopefully drive) just the car on to the scale.... No math required!!!
Bruce

Oldchevyguy

Good Afternoon,
Save yourself some time,math and the $10 fee for weighing the trailer and car... Just pull/push (hopefully drive) just the car on to the scale.... No math required!!!
Bruce
I think I read on here that some scales won't register the low weight of our goblins. That's why you may have to weigh the truck/trailer with and without the car.

BAR-AIR

1635# with the extra 200# of NYS DOT add ones (windshield,bumpers, catalytic converter etc..). Wasn’t an issue on the truck scales.

Mitoni

Just the plexi one and no bumpers needed. He literally came out and looked at it for a few minutes and talked about how cool it was then said let's go get your title. I didnt have to take it off the trailer or even start it. Really nice guy and was super helpful getting everything I needed together. I'm in brevard county and every district has it's own inspection place I guess. Mine was deland and when I called them they gave me all the wrong info and said I had to have airbags and this and that. If you're in tampa then the ocala office isnt far.
I'm definitely keeping this in mind, since Ocala is just a little hop away from where I am in Seminole County. I was getting discouraged about putting in my deposit after reading the vehicle requirements on the FL state website, but i guess that is just for traditional vehicles? (ebrake, wipers, etc?). Glad to hear there is a goto-guy near here once I find a decent donor and get to building.