Motoracer Colorado Street Extended - 2009 SS/TC

Motoracer110

Where did you end up getting the windshield from? I wonder how it would go on a track frame...
Hey trav I ordered off amazon here is the link

There were others that looked the same for $100 cheaper but this seller specifically said its AS1 marked which the other listings didn’t say so I didn’t want to risk it. I bet it would fit pretty well for the track frame as well. Last I spoke with goblin they said they were about 3 months give or take on their glass windshields specifically made for the kits so if you have the time to wait I say wait until that comes out. If you are ready for inspection and the windshield is holding you up then this is the way to go. I’m still going to get the goblin specific one when it comes out

Ross

Goblin Guru
Hey trav I ordered off amazon here is the link

There were others that looked the same for $100 cheaper but this seller specifically said its AS1 marked which the other listings didn’t say so I didn’t want to risk it. I bet it would fit pretty well for the track frame as well. Last I spoke with goblin they said they were about 3 months give or take on their glass windshields specifically made for the kits so if you have the time to wait I say wait until that comes out. If you are ready for inspection and the windshield is holding you up then this is the way to go. I’m still going to get the goblin specific one when it comes out
What? DF is making a class windshield option? I need to know more, as I am researching this option.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
What? DF is making a class windshield option? I need to know more, as I am researching this option.
Step back to March of 2017

Ross

Goblin Guru
Well in my research, I am looking for a small front window, and my short list is:
- VW Karmann Ghia
- Chevy C2 Corvette

Front glass can be cut down smaller, in skilled hands, and that these windows run around $200 each.
If you know of other small cars with curved front windows that might work, let us know!
I can make a metal surround to glue the glass to, and I want to add 2 bars like on BAR-AIRs Blue kit, to make it an open T top.

Motoracer110

I’m still in my busy season at work and getting hard to find time to work on the car. I was able to mount the windshield and very happy so far how it turned out. I just took two 1/2” blocks of aluminum for each side, recessed a bolt in the top piece, aluminum welded the windshield to the top piece as well, then sandwiched the mirror mounts to the aluminum mounts with a bottom bolt. I now have to make a top brace and we are in business. To mount the windshield wiper motor I’m just going to mount a plate to the bottom of the windshield and mount the motor to the plate.

Not the prettiest job but should pass my inspection.

I got all my supplies to do alignment this weekend as well and and to say how amazing these camber bolts are for the rear struts. I feel like I was at a negative 3 degrees of camber and just messing around with one bolt in the top mount and one in the bottom mount was able to get positive camber.....pretty cool

Motoracer110

Im finally ready for inspection. I changed up my mounting so i could add my windshield wiper and mirrors. Hopefully everything goes well fingers crossed. I made a little video showing the windshield setup.

QuantumFluxuation

Do you by any chance still have those headlights. I have a donor that I'm driving but the headlight adjustment is broken.

Last edited:

WYGoblin

I am actually in the process of starting to strip my donor and I still have my headlights. You are more than welcome to them if you want. Came off of a 2008 cobalt ss.

Motoracer110

Update: well I had a horrible inspection today. I got the biggest jerk of a state patrol man out there. I pulled up and first thing he says is nope! Lol he then says we won’t legalize a dune buggy :rolleyes: I stated this is not a dune buggy and showed exactly what this is and that it meets all of Colorado laws. He then takes a bunch of photos and said he has to talk to his chief and the Colorado DMV to see if this can be passed. I told him I’m not the only one with a goblin in the state and he didn’t care. Now I have to wait another 2 weeks for him to get back to me

Might have to layer up on this one.....

I’ll make it easier for the next guy to get it to pass in Colorado :cool:

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Update: well I had a horrible inspection today. I got the biggest jerk of a state patrol man out there. I pulled up and first thing he says is nope! Lol he then says we won’t legalize a dune buggy :rolleyes: I stated this is not a dune buggy and showed exactly what this is and that it meets all of Colorado laws. He then takes a bunch of photos and said he has to talk to his chief and the Colorado DMV to see if this can be passed. I told him I’m not the only one with a goblin in the state and he didn’t care. Now I have to wait another 2 weeks for him to get back to me

Might have to layer up on this one.....

I’ll make it easier for the next guy to get it to pass in Colorado :cool:
I have felt that pain.. Chin up and keep fighting. I like to ask the it's a dune buggy people to back up and tell me how you have came to the conclusion that it is a buggy? 99% chance is it is a tube frame. Then I like to name cars that have tube chassis.

Motoracer110

Inspection PASSED!!!!!!!! whaoo!!!!! I just got back from the State patrol facility and i got very lucky. the guy working was just filling in for the day and was way cool to deal with no problems at all. so now i will take the paperwork to the DMV for a VIN number, they will then send the Vin plate to the state patrol where i will have to take the car back for the officer to mount the plate, then back to the DMV for my plates. Hard part over with!

Motoracer110

Another great update my approval letter just showed up from the state so should be getting my Vin number soon :D there is light at the end of the tunnel

Anyone looking at going through the process with Colorado this is what they looked at with my car

-AS1 safety glass windshield
-electric windshield wiper
- rear view mirror
-horn
-signals, tail lights, and headlights need DOT stamp
- and show them everything works

I do not have the e-brake, bumpers, wheel fenders as they were not required in Colorado if that helps anyone here

also kit cars here do not require a catalytic converter

hopefully only a couple more weeks and I’ll be legal.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Looks amazing!
Your tire and wheel setup looks great.
Can we get the wheel and tire specs?
I have looked at the tire and wheel sheet in the forum section, but it not completely up to date.
Thanks!