ASkiles' 918GBLN Street Build - 06 SS/SC

askiles

Goblin Guru
Pretty sure I am going to do (2) 2” wide matte red stripes right down the center with about a 3/4” gap between them. The blue painters tape is only 1 1/2” so the actual stripes will be a bit larger.

I also had my shop cut me some SS wire mesh that we had sitting around. I think it looks great. I will drill some holes in the edge of the turned in lip of the hood and either zip tie it or weld little tabs on to the mesh and bolt it. Haven’t decided yet.

Attachments

askiles

Goblin Guru
Some pictures of what I am calling the final product. The last thing I need is my custom plate for it, which is on its way from MVD.

Attachments

askiles

Goblin Guru
So I decided to go ahead and add a spoiler to my Goblin. I custom designed and had cut some shorter and less steep brackets out of some 3/16” aluminum. I like the look and height. The spoiler was a very inexpensive extruded aluminum wing that I found. It has some adjustable brackets so I could set the width needed. Overall, I am really happy with it.

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I really like the style of your Goblin. I was considering AR Torq Thrust wheels since I saw yours, though I will probably do 17" wheels on the back. I'll probably also go a similar route on the spoiler, and maybe cheap out on the seats as well. Gotta try to stay budget minded.

How difficult is it to mount seats that aren't provided by DF?

askiles

Goblin Guru
I really like the style of your Goblin. I was considering AR Torq Thrust wheels since I saw yours, though I will probably do 17" wheels on the back. I'll probably also go a similar route on the spoiler, and maybe cheap out on the seats as well. Gotta try to stay budget minded.

How difficult is it to mount seats that aren't provided by DF?
Thanks! I really like how everything turned out.

On the Torq Thrusts, I love them, but I wish I could get a wider wheel for the rear. I may look into options in the future, for now, I am good. I liked the 16" over the 17", as I don't like big gaps between the rotors/calipers and the wheels. I like that space taken up. Just a preference though.

The NRG seats are modeled after the Corbeau seats that you can buy from DF. Nothing special about either. They are fiberglass seats with the option to side mount. I used the DF cut/designed brackets. Bolted up and in the car without trouble. I have had zero issues with the NRG seats, and they are very good quality. I could not justify paying more for the same thing.

askiles

Goblin Guru
Is that the nine lives racing wing? Or another one thats aluminum? It looks great with your designed brackets!
It is not. The Nine Lives stuff was very expensive. This is an inexpensive extruded one that I found on eBay. I believe it was less than $50. The quality of it was great, too. I am glad I went with it. ...and thanks, I really like the look of it! I designed the brackets so they would be a few inches shorter than the DF ones, and at less of an angle.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Andy, do you have a standard or an extended frame? Are you happy with your choice to go with fixed seats, vs. reclining? I'm looking at all my options ... part of me tells me I want reclining seats, but I am going with the standard frame (I'm 5'10") and I don't think I would see much benefit with going with reclining seats. I guess I'm more concerned about having a slightly adjustable seat angle, more than anything.