What Size Dzus Fasteners?

askiles

Goblin Guru
What size dzus fasteners are they that hold the hood to the radiator support? One of them came loose and is now missing, so I need to replace it. Both actually came loose, the other was still there though. I assume since it bumps the curb coming out of my driveway a bit, they just came loose. Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

askiles

Goblin Guru
7/16" and 1/2" grip. Do yourself a favor and get ones with hex key heads.
Thanks! Yeah, that's exactly what I am going to do. The flathead slot is already stripped for the most part. They require quite a bit of torque to actually set them.

lksohm

I want to swap mine out as well. The flat head is worn already and I haven't even installed it on the hood yet. Would it work to use one like in the pic or does it need to be more low profile? I just don't want to be locked out of my battery on the side of the road because I don't have a specific tool.Dzus.jpg

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Those should work just fine. I considered using them, but I decided to go with the lower profile hex key style.

askiles

Goblin Guru
I want to swap mine out as well. The flat head is worn already and I haven't even installed it on the hood yet. Would it work to use one like in the pic or does it need to be more low profile? I just don't want to be locked out of my battery on the side of the road because I don't have a specific tool.View attachment 10520
Those will very much hit everything. I would suggest the Allen head ones. They will need to be flush or again, will hit everything. They are just a few inches off the ground as they are.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
You we’ll definitely want the flush ones. I hve hit mine on the ground a couple times going into my neighborhood.

I want to figure out a quick connect way for the hood all the way around.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I want to figure out a quick connect way for the hood all the way around.
Here is what I did. for the hood. I replaced the Dzus fasteners with this Latch kit. I ended up not using the cups and brackets that were supplied with it. So far they work pretty good no need to get your head and a screwdriver under there. For the back of the hood I used one similar to these Hood latches. I think you could get away with smaller ones than what I used.
zoom latch.jpg