SS/TC AC Delete

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I'm in the process of prepping the engine, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the A/C compressor. As far as I can tell from the build video and pictures, it appears that the pulleys are in the same configuration as a base model.

I just wanted to confirm that running a no AC belt from another model wouldn't be an issue. I believe a 34.5", 5 rib belt is what I'd need?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I left my AC compressor on as a pulley. I deleted the guts and just use it as a bracket to hold the pulley. I then capped off the ports with a 3D printed cap my son made for me.

IMG_3176.JPG
IMG_3177.JPG

David

Do you have
I'm in the process of prepping the engine, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the A/C compressor. As far as I can tell from the build video and pictures, it appears that the pulleys are in the same configuration as a base model.

I just wanted to confirm that running a no AC belt from another model wouldn't be an issue. I believe a 34.5", 5 rib belt is what I'd need?
Do you have a part # for that belt,have you installed it on yet, did you have a problem with the belt Tensioner ?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I installed an OEM belt I found on eBay for like $20. The GM part number is 12634322. It fits perfectly. I didn't have any problems with the tensioner.