Track Day Monster 2009 SS/TC Track Frame

dperkins

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I downloaded that before and found it to be worthless. The service manuals are year specific. I posted an ODB II circuit from mine and got another member confused because he was seeing something different on his car.

I guess it depends on what you need them for.

Silverback

Brian74 - Great resource, thanks for mentioning. I found this online:

"My public library has access to the Chilton online library which contains the service manuals for most cars. basically, they just give you a code for free and you can access it whenever and wherever you want.
Go to the link below:
http://infotrac.galegroup.com/defaul...7_vcpl?db=CHLL

enter the password: 22417009338575

Then simply choose the make, model, and year, and have fun!"​

Last edited:

dperkins

Haven't updated in a few days... been really working to strip this all down. So far I have stripped the interior pretty much all the way down and part of the engine. Getting ready to take that out, but first I have to get the car from the driveway to the garage. The only problem I face is that the antitheft steering lock is enabled and I cant turn the wheel anymore. Is there a way I can take this off for the time being?

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Haven't updated in a few days... been really working to strip this all down. So far I have stripped the interior pretty much all the way down and part of the engine. Getting ready to take that out, but first I have to get the car from the driveway to the garage. The only problem I face is that the antitheft steering lock is enabled and I cant turn the wheel anymore. Is there a way I can take this off for the time being?
... or buy a set of these at Habor Freight:

Attachments

dperkins

Finally got the steering unlocked. I used a combo of jiggling the steering wheel and key and after a few minutes it unlocked. I had just bought those dollys, but it turns out they were used and destroyed and then returned to harbor freight :mad: Those would have made this a lot easier. Got it into the final resting place in the garage, and I am sort of worried if I will have enough clearance to get the engine out with the hoist I am using.
IMG_2122.JPG
IMG_2123.JPG
IMG_2124.JPG
IMG_2125.JPG

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The engine drops out the bottom so you will only need enough clearance to hoist in/out. You can always remove the front crossmember. With the height of your garage, not sure why you would be worried unless you were being funny and I'm too stupid to pick up on it.

dperkins

The engine drops out the bottom so you will only need enough clearance to hoist in/out. You can always remove the front crossmember. With the height of your garage, not sure why you would be worried unless you were being funny and I'm too stupid to pick up on it.
It's not getting out it of the car that is the problem, it's actually getting the hoist in there and then getting the engine out of the way. I have about 1-2 feet of space in between the wall and the stuff in front of it that I need to get the hoist in there and I hope it's enough space. If it isn't enough I will figure something that will work. It's sort of hard to explain so I'll check the clearances today and report back.

SliderR1

It's not getting out it of the car that is the problem, it's actually getting the hoist in there and then getting the engine out of the way. I have about 1-2 feet of space in between the wall and the stuff in front of it that I need to get the hoist in there and I hope it's enough space. If it isn't enough I will figure something that will work. It's sort of hard to explain so I'll check the clearances today and report back.
Looks like you could just unbolt the front subframe and engine from car, then lift the front of the car body up and roll the engine/subframe right out from under it with the room you have...possibly...?

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I'm in the same boat with a few of my projects. That gantry hoist from Harbor Freight is looking pretty good about now.

Johvans

I'm surprised you found that that quickly!
It helped that you posted your location in the profile and seeing the address that came up with the search it wasn't much of a stretch to assume it was one in the same. Glad to have you as a fellow Goblin builder!

dperkins

I got most of the front suspension off last night so I am probably going to drop the engine today. Anyone have any tips that can help me when I drop it?

PG5

I cut the cross member off, dropped the motor on a furniture dolly and rolled it out the front. Pretty much like DF did in the build video.

PHerder

I used an engine hoist to drop the engine onto a furniture dolly and then used the engine hoist to lift the front of the car up over the engine thus not needing to cut the front cross member.