Search results

1. S

Rich's Track Goblin - 09 SS Turbo **TITLED & REGISTERED***

Your goblin is looking really really good!!! All you builders are all doing a fantastic job getting your kits done. There are so many great colors to pick from, its hard to decide what to go with.
  2. S

ctuinstra's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC donor **Licensed**

That turned out great!
  3. S

Steve's City Ext 09 Turbo

Hey thanks JSATX. I hear you on the symmetry issue. I was struggling how I was going to get the body to look symmetrical when the drivers side front and rear tires don't necessary track with each other (not a criticism just something you deal with) but I think I have it worked out, I just had...
  4. S

Midwest Meet Spring 2019

I'm in. There are a lot of great riding roads in southern Missouri and Arkansas. Steve
  5. S

Thanks, good point on the alignment.
  6. S

OK thanks, I figured the front and rear tires where not going to track, just wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong. I'm just trying to get things semi-close to fit he body I'm working on. I will take the chassis to get it aligned once I get it powder coated.
  7. S

My front fender pieces needed some additional body work added so I cut some aluminum in the general shape I wanted, I then riveted it to the fender, lined it with aluminum foil to act as a release. Let it cure over night and pulled the aluminum piece from the fender. The foil remained but I...
  8. S

I needed to make sure I had the wheels/tires square with everything so here are pics of what I did. When I looked at everything from the front it always seemed like the front and rear tires didn't track exactly but thought it was an optical illusion. I used some square tube and channel pieces...
  9. S

Working on getting the front spitter lined up square with the chassis and the mounts welded to the bottom main tubes on the chassis. The splitter material I used was from an old sign with the outside layer made from aluminum with some kind of plastic honeycomb material in the middle. It is...
  10. S

You and I are thinking the same way, I would love to build the SL-C, but I don't know if I have the talent, but might give it a try someday if I can get all my other projects done. Once I get this done, I will have master molds made and if you like what I did, just let me know I can have pieces...
  11. S

Here is the body design I am working on. I'm using bits and pieces of different bodies that I will eventually fiberglass together in some fashion. My goal is to have the front look similar to a Porsche RS Spyder LMP race car.
  12. S

I got my shocks modified to fit a coil over kit. I mentioned earlier that I cut-off the big spring perch with a cut-off wheel then ground down the sharp edges. I put the whole shock in a 4 chuck lathe, it worked really well, my neighbor did most of the work on his lathe, I have a cheap harbor...
  13. S

Thanks for the suggestion Briann1177. I did have it plugged in, but the plug that runs through the 50 amp fuse was not making a good connection, the original quick disconnect piece was cut out so I bought a different 50 amp quick disconnect, but it's a piece of crap. I do have power to...
  14. S

Starting to work on the Goblin again. My wheels showed up today, I am very happy how they look. Fronts 16x7x114.3; Rear 17x8x114.3. Got my seats a while back, happy with those as well, but they are not designed for a 5 point harness. I finished my rear bumper, I incorporated a hitch for it...
  15. S

Heat exchanger discussion

Speedway Motors sells a honeycomb radiator protector ranges in price from approx. $20 to $30. If you ever raced dirt oval, it does protect the radiator. https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Nomex-Honey-Comb-19X26,3545.html
  16. S

Redlines - 2008 SS TC Goblin build in Mississippi

I have a 09 turbo, my twisted pair went to the ABS plug, if I remember correctly the same wire should be coming out of the smaller of the two black ECM plugs. you need to connect those to wires to the BCM, or you should see that twisted pair coming from the BCM side someplace and solder to the...
  17. S

Intercooler pump and related fan

Just to clarify so I don't screw something up, I attached pictures of both fan wires... the passenger side fan #2 (I think) is the gray with a black ground that connects to the engine. The drivers side (fan 1) is the light blue and white wire. The gray, lite-blue and white wires goto the large...
  18. S

Redlines - 2008 SS TC Goblin build in Mississippi

I had the same issue, both were broken off. The first photo is a MAP sensor which I am replacing. I found one on ebay for $23.32 item #12592026. the second one is for the EVAP system which you don't use unless your state law requires it. I'm going to plug the hole in mine.
  19. S

Thanks guys for all the good info, I really appreciate all the help! I figured you or someone has this figured out so I don't have to recreate the wheel again. This site is great with everyone helping each other out. Brian74, if you could let me know when it's convenient how your wiring went...
  20. S

I do have a pink wire I saved coming from the BCM, will have to trace it back to see if I can figure out what it went too.