Search results

1. ctuinstra

Thoughts on 2006 SS/SC as donor?

Hopefully the trade works in your favor as I agree with Jeff, that’s a steep price for a non-runner. I assume you have a good deal worked out with him. Because that car is basically worthless without the engine. The engine is a great engine and the mileage is fine. Sounds like the old style...
  2. ctuinstra

Thoughts on 2006 SS/SC as donor?

I'm biased because we have a 07 SS/SC. Nothing wrong with the TC other than the plumbing is a bit more work. I would focus on the mileage of the engine first. Nothing wrong with the 06. There are a few updates you might want to do. One is the timing chain tensioner, update it! GM came out...
  3. ctuinstra

Lethalcast's City goblin- 2009 SS/TC G85

Ugh! If it is the main deal, you don’t want it getting on your clutch plates (assuming a manual here).
  4. ctuinstra

Wing Options

Let us know how that one works out and how you mount it. We are very seriously looking now. Thanks!
  5. ctuinstra

jpr's City Goblin - 07/08 LT donor

The Goblin frame engine/transmission mounts should accommodate either. I'm not sure about the clutch mount pedal mount, you should be able to tell by looking at your frame it to see if it's there. Not sure about the wiring, but obviously you would need the appropriate wiring for the clutch...
  6. ctuinstra

Push Button Start System

That's my understanding but I haven't tested it yet. I know the system will "sleep" after a while and cannot be woke up without the fob. That was the purpose behind this mod. However ther are other systems out there that are just stand alone push to start without any fobs if one wanted one.
  7. ctuinstra

Push Button Start System

Should be just pressing the button again. You don't have to go through the whole "unlock" sequence, just the first time you walk up to the vehicle.
  8. ctuinstra

DIY Rear End Alignment

Photos of the welded type? I haven't seen that one before.
  9. ctuinstra

Push Button Start System

Proof of concept complete! We temporarily wired it up to the car to test it and it worked the first try. You will see in this video Kaleb "unlocking the doors" or otherwise disarming it, then after pushing in the brake and clutch pedal he then presses the button to start the car. One more...
  10. ctuinstra

BCM Issues

Sorry guys, I meant to say "The 'Power steering' & 'Low Fuel' is when data is NOT being communicated ".
  11. ctuinstra

IDRVSLO / TRACK / 08 SS TC **REGISTERED**

I'm interested in it too and how it turns out. Keep us posted. Glad to hear you are on the road and enjoying it.
  12. ctuinstra

We had the same issue with the steering wheel but we got accustom to it and only occasionally bumped it and hit people with the High beams. But the steering wheel setup we have now is perfect in just about every way. I couldn't be happier with it. Highly recommended. You do get used to the...
  13. ctuinstra

I found that if you move the side-side too far, it's hard to get into 5th. This is because there are multiple position of the side-side (1-2, 3-4, 5, and reverse) and you have to hit them just right and if you are going just a bit too far you will be between 5th and reverse and it won't go into...
  14. ctuinstra

Wing Options

That's one of the reasons that I'm looking for carbon fiber. That should help it to be stronger. Don't want drag though.
  15. ctuinstra

Push Button Start System

Got the replacement relay today. Soldered it in place and did a mock-up on the bench with the external relays. So far, so good! The actual start system seems to work as expected. Now I have to connect it to the car and hope there are no whammies! I'll work on that tomorrow, tonight I...
  16. ctuinstra

Wing Options

Supplier issues. Don't count on it any time soon. If I find one that bolts up well, I'll do a write up on it for everyone.
  17. ctuinstra

Wing Options

Can you point me to the one that you know will work?
  18. ctuinstra

Wing Options

Has anyone found a good carbon fiber wing that matches (or close to) the 27" spread of the Goblin mounts? I find all kinds of them but no measurements.
  19. ctuinstra

Also the block side, just to be complete.
  20. ctuinstra

Did you fill the coolant at the hose coming from the top of the engine on the passenger side? If not, take that hose off and pour coolant in there. That is a huge air pocket.