Search results

1. Ross

Mikes Extended, Full Frame Goblin - 2009 Cobalt LS with 135k donor

A lazer temperature gun pointed at each exhaust pipe when the engine is running, will tell if you have 1 bad injector, or cylinder. If you don't have a lazer gun, you can see how long it takes a cold exhaust manifold to get too hot to keep your fingers on.
  2. Ross

Dragon Motorsports 2.0 [Extended\Open-Frame\Easy Entry Door Bars] - [2007 LSJ SS Donor] - [Frame #392]

That bolt has plenty of clearance on my frame. It never attacked the fresh white paint. (Sic) I used the correct bolt holes for the LSJ side mount, but yes, it attacks the frame. After I tighten all the subframe and engine mounting bolts, there should be about 2mm of space. At least I can...
  3. Ross

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

I'm struggling getting this axel in. I always struggle with this step. Lonny showed me how it is done with a 6 foot pry bar, but my 8 foot 2x4 bar isn't winning. I thought it was because the clip isn't centered, but even with the clip removed, it still isn't going in. I'm not even close, and...
  4. Ross

I would like a goblin that I find fun. Over time, as my driving ability and comfort level increase, I want more power for more fun. You are farther down this learning curve than I am... maybe I should be asking you what your power goals are! Half the fun is building it, then making it...
  5. Ross

The motor going in is one I bought 3 years ago, and have never driven. It got a cam chain, sprockets, guides, & tensioner, fresh paint, and the next step is to see if it is a good healthy stock LSJ engine. If it is healthy, the motor hanging in my shop will become my project, getting the rods...
  6. Ross

We had another marriage in the shop today. He was wearing his best silver paint with blue accents, and she had fresh white paint in the engine bay and subframe. I bled the clutch before bolting down the frame, as I need the extra 4" for working room. Earlier this week, I put the oil pan...
  7. Ross

Bell housing spacer necessity

Here is a top down photo of that spacer, and my stock LSJ flywheel inside it for reference.
  8. Ross

For your 2009 Cobalt, here is the torque spec. Axle Nut For all except the LNF and MU3 Wheel Drive Shaft Nut 210 Nm (155 lb ft) For my 2006 Cobalt, I found the torque specification here. Axle Nut: Specifications Axle Nut 210 Nm (155 lb ft)
  9. Ross

Exhaust high heat paint would probably work.
  10. Ross

City to Track (no cage to full cage) Conversion

They used the same dimensions and tubes from a full frame goblin, so nothing special. Maybe DF would sell the bent tubes needed, and you could find a local welder to install them?
  11. Ross

I did figure out the HP Tuners logic for the fans. The LSJ has fan high and fan low speeds. Fan low speed puts both fans in series, so that they get 6V each. So, yes they both come on at once. In fan high mode, both fans are at 12V, so potentially they could be individually controlled.
  12. Ross

Donors

I wanted a Ariel Atom when I first saw it. The kit was $30,000, and by the time I saved $10,000, the Ariel Atom was up over $60,000. So I never got one, but I am glad DF started this Goblin kit! I only plan on 1 goblin, but with a spare engine, I never have to wait for parts. I have a spare...
  13. Ross

Donors

It took me about 3 months of shopping to find my first SC Cobalt. I was shopping IAAI, Coparts, facebook, craigslist, etc. I bought a second SC donor about 2 years later. Waiting and watching gave me a better deal. Keep saving, and keep shopping, occasionally good deals come along. I have...
  14. Ross

Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

Yes, DF has those, and they did supply the right parts for me.
  15. Ross

Fuel Pressure

This post mentions the correct M12x1.75 threads for an oil pressure sensor. This sensor fits in a pontiac G6 which is the LE9 Ecotec engine, probably fit in our engine without an adapter. You could always take the plug out of your engine, and bring it to the auto parts store, just to make sure...
  16. Ross

Fuel Pressure

That might be a tire schrader valve sensor... which isn't the same threads as the AC schrader valve. Pressure sensors are fairly cheap. The hard part is finding the right thread adapter... which I doubt is the random one I linked.
  17. Ross

Chassis #387 Extended Length, Full cage ~ 08 LNF Donor - 6 Speed F40

That doesn't look like a crack in the metal, but I'm not sure. You can buy metal crack detection dye, but I make my own because I already own UV dye and UV dye detection kit. Wipe on some dye mixed with penetrating oil, wipe off the excess, then coat it with talc powder. The talc powder will...
  18. Ross

Rauq's Twincharged LSJ in SC - #240 - GOBZILA

There is a schrader valve at the end of the fuel rail, and the threads happen to fit my AC pressure gauge set. My LSJ gets 59-63 PSI of fuel pressure. I did an arduino oil pressure gauge by removing the LSJ oil plug, and putting in a pressure sensor. It could be done for fuel pressure too...
  19. Ross

Coffee & Cars

Doh! I guess I only recognize it with the doors closed. Man that entry is small.