Search results

1. EcotecNation

10/27/18 - DF Kit Car at Cobalt Nation/Ecotec Nation Tail of the Dragon Event

MEEEEE!!!! But I’m one of the coordinators! I don’t think that counts! lol.
  2. EcotecNation

Archived *Official Builders Thread* Where are you located?

Angie EcotecNation “Ionic Goblin” Baltimore, Maryland Chassis #122 Ext City Donor is a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline (SC LSJ)
  3. EcotecNation

2019 EcotecNation Tail Of the Dragon Meet

Hey hey everyone! I just wanted to drop a quick post to let you know that planning for our annual Tail of the Dragon Meet Weekend is in full swing. We partner up the planning process with Cobalt Nation and so far, we have lodging available, the dinner banquet is in the works and sponsors are...
  4. EcotecNation

Goblin not from a Cobalt

Update! I just saw an email that our chassis is ready for pick up! Sponsored products have begun to arrive and we are towing our donor to the work site, in this coming week. We have spent some time looking at the GM service manuals for the Redline and Cobalt, to help us find our challenges and...
  5. EcotecNation

Cheap built LNF Engines

Wow, this is a great deal for anyone that’s looking for a solid LNF engine!!!
  6. EcotecNation

Goblin not from a Cobalt

Sure! OEM Parts Depot- www.Oempartsdepot.com OTTP- www.ottperformance.com ZZP- www.zzperformance.com Category V Portworx, B3 Drivetrain Solutions, and Velocity Aeroworks are all small businesses that mostly operate via Facebook business pages under their respective names...
  7. EcotecNation

New Look

If it helps, I happen to know first hand that the wipers from a 66 Lemans convertible, are small enough to use on a goblin windshield. The motor is also fairly small. With a little adapting, it could work. Just an idea that might help a few that need them.
  8. EcotecNation

New Look

Interesting. Since the cobalt ps is electric, it’s sort of self contained. No fluids belts or pumps to worry about.
  9. EcotecNation

Goblin not from a Cobalt

I’ve considered it. I like John very much but I don’t know that a project like this is his bag. He’s been doing a lot of Camaro stuff lately.
  10. EcotecNation

Goblin not from a Cobalt

Since the EcotecNation Goblin from a Redline project is heavily sponsored, I wanted to take a minute to tell all of you about these guys and how they have impacted the Ecotec community and all of the amazing things that many of you are missing out on! Don’t worry! I’m not here to spam as this...
  11. EcotecNation

Goblin not from a Cobalt

Yeah, the arms are a standard upgrade for the redline, from the SS/TC. Actually, we run the struts too with Powell YYZ springs. In order for us to run the bushings we have to have the control arms as well. They’re the one cobalt part that we will run in our goblin.
  12. EcotecNation

New Look

Probably because the F35 is too delicate for off-roading. 2nd gear shatters like glass, with the wrong kind of shifting. Plus, I foresee many burnt up clutches in the manual A/T goblin future! lol
  13. EcotecNation

Midwest Meet Spring 2019 ***UPDATED***

Yeah, I probably will post it up when we solidify the dates. We usually wait on the Auto Cross club to verify their date before we announce it.
  14. EcotecNation

Goblin not from a Cobalt

So far the differences that we know of are going to be mounting the cluster, possibly a bit of wiring because the body harness lengths are different, clutch pedals are different and actually operate a bit differently and there may need to be a slight adaptation in the braking system. That's...
  15. EcotecNation

Midwest Meet Spring 2019 ***UPDATED***

Hey everyone, I was reading through this thread and I actually have a cool option for a meet. I work for a company in Chicago called "OEM PARTS DEPOT," which has the same owner as what is formerly Crate Engine Depot. Every year we have a meet in Illinois which includes auto cross on Saturdays...
  16. EcotecNation

City vs track frame

I plan to use the Recaros from the donor car because they're awesome. Added space behind the seats is definitely a plus for a lot of reasons, the possibility of using the seat sliders, being one of them!
  17. EcotecNation

Goblin not from a Cobalt

Hopefully it gets even bigger with the addition of the Ion to the Goblin donor list. After this, we want to tackle the HHR.
  18. EcotecNation

City vs track frame

Interesting thread... I am short and fat with horrible knees. I drive my Ion with the seat all of the way back and I am pretty sure that I will look like ten pounds of dookie in a 3 pound bag, when I attempt to shove my heftybag full of flab ass, in to that poor little Goblin.
  19. EcotecNation

Goblin not from a Cobalt

lol! One of my events! But I was told that I shouldn't be towing anything with my Redline because "it's a racecar not a workhorse!" Too much time and money in it to abuse it. I need a nice truck to beat on! :D