Search results

1. k.rollin

My goblin is......

Fixed. Disabled VATS, all EVAP codes, and the catalyst protection, then bumped the line pressure for firmer shifts. Then, I pulled apart the cluster to deal with the pesky security light using a new piece of electrical tape
  2. k.rollin

My goblin is......

No longer starting. Some part of the immobilizer system seems to have failed.
  3. k.rollin

Headlight options...

I did a quick D/T operation to re-thread the headlight bungs to M10 for my build.
  4. k.rollin

Early Year Model Vs Late Year Model

Early vs late is goi g to vary by the vehicle system being described. For button panels it's based on the donor steering wheel, but for the brake booster and master cylinder it's based on the approximate physical size of the MC and whether or not an aluminum spacer is present between the MC and...
  5. k.rollin

Seats

Seat widths don't need to match. My seat is 15" wide, and the passenger seat in my car is 17" wide.
  6. k.rollin

Goblin Rear Control Arms

I had them on mine up until I installed the OTTP delrin bushing kit; they don't fit properly over the new pivot pin.
  7. k.rollin

Oregon/ General questions for DMV

I'm up in Snohomish County, but when I registered mine the total was just under $600 (including the transit permit and scalehouse fee). http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/karls-track-goblin-no-40-2008-lt-registered.273/post-37772
  8. k.rollin

Torque Wrench

I'm all about that split beam goodness. Micrometer torque wrenches can eat my entire ass and my Snap-On digital is only good at corroding/oxidizing its battery terminals. https://www.torqwrench.com/products/split-beam-clicks/3-8-drive-split-beam-click-wrench-c2fr100f/...
  9. k.rollin

Eric's Goblin #450 (2009 T/C donor)

Good color choice; I know someone with the same color for their chassis lol
  10. k.rollin

Devo's Extended Track #381 - 06 SS/SC Donor

The two of you are using different nuts. @Devo is using strut nuts from the donor, and you look to be using nuts supplied with the kit hardware or sourced elsewhere. The donor hardware is much taller than what you're using.
  11. k.rollin

Floyd's City #180 - 2006 SS/SC - 3rd Round

I used eyebolts as anchors at either end and ran 1/8 inch wire rope with thimbles and aluminum ferrules. Covered the sharp ends of the cable with heat shrink tubing. The tools I used were $30-ish online.
  12. k.rollin

My new project

Tremec TKX 5 speed if you want OD without hacking up the tunnel
  13. k.rollin

Headlight Recommendations and Radio Wiring Questions

I just combined my running light wire with my low beam wire going to the headlights, so my setup is high, low/running, and ground; front turn signals run to the side mirrors. I used the JW Speaker model 6130 IIRC, but if I was starting over or wanted to redo the headlights, I'd use the model 8632.
  14. k.rollin

Mahkoi's #299. Ext Track. SS Turbo.

I don't have that experience because I always wear a full face helmet, and as long as I don't open my visor while fueling, people don't try to tell me about how cousin's ex-boyfriend's sister's college roommate was building a twincharged buggy out of their old Neon
  15. k.rollin

Andy’s Charleston extended City Goblin #308 - 05 SS/SC

3 is for the vehicle speed sensor
  16. k.rollin

Eric's Goblin #450 (2009 T/C donor)

Oh hey! I'm pretty sure we met the last time I was at the autox in Monroe. Welcome to the forum!
  17. k.rollin

Radiator Petcock

My radiator was marketed as a replacement for the 5th & 6th generation Honda Civic. My petcock leaked a little bit this past summer; turns out the o-ring had dried out and broken. Replaced the o-ring and no more leaks.
  18. k.rollin

Robinjo #405 Full Cage - 2006 SS/SC Build "Drago"

I've got torque seal all over my steering, suspension, and brake fasteners to help with visual verification that nothing has come loose or been tampered with.
  19. k.rollin

Blue Man's City Goblin - 05 Base Donor

I like the heat shrink tubing that I can use with my label maker. http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiring-harness-tools.1688/post-57752
  20. k.rollin

Braking Test/Distance

I mounted mine on top of the pedal box using the included bracket. I don't remember seeing anyone else's mounting solution.