Search results

1. P

**Post Picture's of your Finished Goblin Here**

Here's Lucy .... (Lucy's donor had 87K odometer miles and zero aftermarket mods. The LSJ engine passed its compression test with flying colors and uses no oil. Factory tune runs good. The Pirelli 160mph-rated tires came on the donor. Cheers, regards, etc., PG) Here's the Lucy after whom the...
  2. P

DELETE - Auction tomorrow

This one's in Altoona. Altoona in winter can't compare to Sedona in winter but the car would be my pick out of the present iaai crop. https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/37825598?RowNumber=15 Our donor had about 12K more miles on it and its LSJ motor, save for a bit of a cleanup, needed...
  3. P

DELETE - Auction tomorrow

Goblin builders are typically better off purchasing wrecked Cobalts. Supercharged and turbo Cobalts are much more desirable of course. Low mileage is pretty much a must (but not a guarantee). https://www.iaai.com/VehicleSearch/SearchDetails?Keyword=cobalt+ss+-automatic This one looks a little...
  4. P

Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

We're not in an emissions county. So, a standard safety inspection, done at a local station, will suffice. That plus a title issued by a state (if one exists) in which the titling regs are way more flexible than the ones in Texas.
  5. P

Registering an already-titled vehicle is one thing. It's probably done tens of thousands of times per year for people relocating into Texas from other states. It's routine. Getting Texas to issue a kit-car title for someone's Goblin seems to be quite another animal. Definitely a non-routine...
  6. P

The (chubby-and-tattooed) gals at the inspection station in our neck of the woods are more than a little flexible in their approach. Typically, if the person has their proof of insurance and the cash to pay the fee, that person is done and out of there in very short order.
  7. P

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Update (per my research of this morning): If you're bringing your NM-titled (for example) Goblin to live (& be driven on public roads) in Texas here's some things to know. Note: The Goblin does not need to be re-titled. It can remain a NM-titled (for example) vehicle...
  8. P

Hypothetical question: The owner of a Goblin who has successfully titled said Goblin in another state moves to Texas and brings said Goblin with him. Shortly after his arrival he stops by his local DMV office (with his OK, NM, CO or wherever title in hand) to apply for a TX title. What kind of...
  9. P

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Looks totally decent to me. Nice.
  10. P

Alternative "fix" for front-suspension noise

The groans, etc., were annoying but not crazy annoying. We just kept driving and after few months we had one of those rare and magical moments. To wit: A "hey, I'm not hearing those noises any more" moment. Gotta love it. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ With t-showers in the area, last Tuesday was a good day...
  11. P

donor cars (low miles / SS)

This one was smacked pretty hard in the front. Actual miles 58,406. https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/36611166?RowNumber=14 This one appears to be a total cream puff. Actual miles 77,661. https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/36654872?RowNumber=19 Suggestion: STAY AWAY from those...
  12. P

Dakota8800's City Goblin! - 2005 Cobalt SS/SC

Example of a painted frame (spray can / Rustoleum). Also (for the idly curious), underhood pic of a factory-new, supercharged Ecotec motor.
  13. P

DF Goblin & other interesting cars (recent article)

(scroll down to get to the text/pics pertaining to the Goblin) https://www.generationhighoutput.com/
  14. P

cruise ins, rod runs, etc. (y'all)

... It's a little too soon, JBINTX. Our car isn't registered, etc., etc., ... Plus, there's a person near/dear to me who has some health issues that cause me to have a lot less free time than I would prefer. But, I will hold your beer ...
  15. P

The Goblin that I'm allowed to drive actually resides at my son's house. OK, full disclosure, the car was/is our joint venture in terms of both financing and labor of construction. But, said son has more garage space than I do and his house is less than a mile from my house; so it's not a bad...
  16. P

The Hill Country of TX is a popular place for various car-enthusiast groups to meet up, do drives, etc. Maybe by the time the autumn season rolls around the TX-Goblin contingent will be better situated to launch such an event...
  17. P

Gearjammer’s City Goblin – 06 SS/SC G85

Nice paint job! Total-coverage look is way easier to achieve (with way less paint) when silver is the color of choice. (Gotta first get the grease and crud off, though. Tedious but worth it.) Excellent view, btw, of a gutted AC compressor.
  18. P

Kevin's PA Goblin Build - 2007 SS/SC

... Our donor was also a 2007 LSJ except it had about 10K additional miles. Great donor! If your motor has, like ours had, excellent compression and near-zero oil consumption then you're set to go. No performance mods needed and you'll have acceleration like you won't believe. Recommend you...
  19. P

Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

... The solution we went with (i.e., IIABDFI) is still working great! The price was also quite reasonable. (just sayin...)
  20. P

modding the DF windshield?

Would appreciate it if you could forward your AutoCAD file to me. turnsignal (at) aol (dotcom) Thanks!!!!