Search results

1. Torchandregdoc

Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

For some reason I've never understood, the forum quit giving me notifications via email. Once in a while one comes through and I'll comment here or there. I haven't done much with the Goblin over the last 6 months. All of my kids moved out and and haven't found anyone with as much...
  2. Torchandregdoc

Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

How have you kept the flash rust off of that frame. I know it's dry in Phoenix , but no more dry than Vegas and mine was rusted in 9 months.
  3. Torchandregdoc

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

And the difference in architecture between the LNF vs LSJ would require swapping out the ecu and wiring I think.
  4. Torchandregdoc

Goblin picture game

Was the last challenge a Goblin with a Goblin? I saw Grant Croppers Goblin on the side of the road with his tuners hard at work on the laptop . Raiders stadium in the back ground. Was weird seeing a goblin in the wild.
  5. Torchandregdoc

My goblin is......

And that opens up another can, now I've got 2 extra lnf's sitting on my garage floor taking up space. Both have some type of issue but bother were running when pulled. The goal is to triage them both in September and then build the best one for just enough strength to not tear up the auto trans.
  6. Torchandregdoc

Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

We have been running 25 psi boost on every drive for the last 2 years. We've flogged this poor car unmercifully and the turbo is pumping fine. Not to say it won't at some point though.
  7. Torchandregdoc

My goblin is......

I saw that you were going to start tuning. How did it go? It's like waking up a beast . Carefully with Spark timing and afr. It's like a drug, you just want a little more each time and then......you're learning to rebuild a motor.
  8. Torchandregdoc

Jim McDonald // Extended Track // '09 HHR SS/TC Automatic

Ah shucks ...thanks, but on a serious note , #ah.b.normal, you need to get out more, it's amazing how fast you can go from hero to zero. One ah s#¡+ cancels out a lot of atta boys.Just trying to get by in this world. We only got one shot at this life so gotta make something that goes fast...
  9. Torchandregdoc

The ecm, bcm and ignition switch need to be from the same vehicle or you'll have vats problems .
  10. Torchandregdoc

If it was me, I would use the hhr engine trans suspension steering rack and then source the cobalt parts however. I think I decided the engine harnesses are the same. We have a Pic-a-part here that sells all parts for $5-15. If you have something like that , for $500 you'll get everything you...
  11. Torchandregdoc

I have most everything documented in this thread , but my question I guess is "why use the HHR" other than possession . It will require a bunch of modifications to use the hhr wiring. The only reason I did was so I could have the lnf/ auto trans. You will need to make new mounts for the...
  12. Torchandregdoc

Goblin "ABS Emulator" - disable ABS, traction control and brake warning lights

What are the chances that it will work on an 09 hhr ? LNF
  13. Torchandregdoc

Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

TUNE BETTER INTERCOOLING - The ECU is going to pull a bunch of timing because of high IAT BRAKES
  14. Torchandregdoc

Because we didn't use the DF windshield mount, our hood is still farely flimsy, so I am thinking I'm going to glass a bulk head in to the hood right above the front bulkhead and then attach lift struts from the frame to the new bulkhead on the hood. That will shut down that airflow and then put...
  15. Torchandregdoc

I was really afraid of that, but I don't think we are getting anything coming from behind. We drove it on mountain roads yesterday from 65-80 degrees. It was awesome, however, with a windshield, the heat from the radiator has nothing to carry it away, it just hangs around you. When we started...
  16. Torchandregdoc

Knocked off one of the old todo's today. 4 hours from start to finish. We've been putting this one off simply because the material is expensive and you got one shot when you make that final cut. 3 templates and 2 misdrilled holes, bit I think I like the way it turned out. 80mph baseball caps...
  17. Torchandregdoc

Critter's #374 Extended Frame Track - 07 SS/SC donor build

I read somewhere on the DF site that DF has the forum set up to send email notifications, and when you don't click the link from your email, it quits sending notifications regarding that user. I know it's set up like that to prevent them from sending emails that people don't want, but I don't...
  18. Torchandregdoc

Critter's #374 Extended Frame Track - 07 SS/SC donor build

OH man, I'm really liking the wheels.
  19. Torchandregdoc

My goblin is......

Sitting on A7's and getting a tire size adjustment to the tune as we speak.