Search results

1. Torchandregdoc

Purple accessory wire front/rear

So, we got the new ATK motor fired up and trying to wire a AFR gauge. We have a purple wire at the dash and one by the fuse box, both labeled accessories, can anyone tell me what circuit that is. I found one thread that related it to the orange wire for the button panel/fog lamps, but I cannot...
  2. Torchandregdoc

Brake lights on in gear.

Does anyone know, if your brake pedal switch/sensor isn't calibrated, will the brake lights stay on any time you are in gear, forward or reverse? We have no brake lights when you press the pedal, but they are on any time you put it in gear. Turn signals work correctly. Driving lights work...
  3. Torchandregdoc

Coolant overflow reservoir hose

A few days ago, someone showed a pic of a preformed hose they had found that fit the coolant overflow routing perfectly. I can't find that pic. Does anyone remember seeing it, or was I dreaming. Heater hose keeps kinking.
  4. Torchandregdoc

CV install. I can't get it in.

Any ideas on installing the CV shaft? Slid right in to this spot and no amount of coaxing is finishing the job.
  5. Torchandregdoc

#&@* Supply and Demand

We broke the retaining clip for the crankshaft position sensor on our LNF. I've checked everywhere I can find and pricing is $49-$120. Whhhaatttt, are they nuts. Does anyone have a fix other than silicone? I will resort to that before I spend $50 on a connector, but I would sure like to do...
  6. Torchandregdoc

1st start ATF level

I'm ready to do my first start in the morning and need some ATF advise. We did a trans service and added 750 cc's back in. We should be about 1L short now. My question is, how full can it be before I have to put the CV shafts back in to keep it from running out, and is that full enough to...
  7. Torchandregdoc

Steering shaft HHR vs. Cobalt

I test fit my PS steering unit before painting the frame, but didn't catch this problem. Everything bolts in but the steering intermediate shaft is to long and the ujoints bind, so it won't turn. Plus, it looks really wonky. Yes, I'm told by Kenny that wonky is a word. I bought a cobalt...
  8. Torchandregdoc

Oil cooler plumbing

I am trying to hook up coolant hoses and can't figure out how to run plumbing for the oil cooler. Because I'm using an HHR, I haven't ever seen how the cobalt was run, and I think it's different. It's definitely different than the build video. Any helpfull pics? 1 and 2 get looped? 3...
  9. Torchandregdoc

Oil Cooler Plumbing

I am trying to hook up coolant hoses and can't figure out how to run plumbing for the oil cooler. Because I'm using an HHR, I haven't ever seen how the cobalt was run, and I think it's different. It's definitely different than the build video. Any helpfull pics?
  10. Torchandregdoc

OTTP SALE - Front Lower Control Arm Bushings.

I believe these are a must have for a Goblin. Granted, I don't have a running Goblin nor have I ridden in one, but I do have first hand experience in vehicles with rear steer. If this sale is for both sides, this is an incredible deal. If it's for only one side, this is advertising trickery...
  11. Torchandregdoc

LNF Intake Manifold Options

I have really tried to do my homework on this, but can't find answers. Ive seen rumors and been told that you can use a saab intake manifold on a LNF to solve the bottom mount throttle body/fuel tank problem. I'd like to put the heat exchanger over the engine but dont want the 180 in charge...
  12. Torchandregdoc

Any Goblins on stands?

I need to clear some space in the shop, so I'm building a rolling cart for my chasis to put it back in the Goblin tent. Furniture dollies resulted in re-jacking up the car. I built one this evening and realized it puts the car up so high i cant see the top of the motor. Wondering if anyone...
  13. Torchandregdoc

Does my rack look like your rack?

I am using a 09 HHR SS as a donor and want to make sure the HHR rack and pinion will work in the Goblin. Can someone verify that the angle of your pinion shaft is relatively similar to the angle of mine?
  14. Torchandregdoc

Jim McDonald // Extended Track // '09 HHR SS/TC Automatic

I guess I've put off starting my build log as long as I can. Building with materials is way easier for me than building with words,however, this forum has been such a huge support for me on this project that I feel like I need to give back where I can. Our build will be a crazy little mutant...
  15. Torchandregdoc

Choosing Donor car- electronics

I'm new to the Goblin forum and trying to get as much info as possible before buying my donor. I have another thread where I explain some of my thoughts on donor selection. Knowing what you guys know now, are their models of cobalt that have more, or less, electronics that may help in...
  16. Torchandregdoc

T-12 Paraplegic SS

I've been eyeballing goblins for some time now and I'm finally in the position to start my build. I think. I'm a t-12 paraplegic ( jumping bikes at the sand dunes, 16 years post), and as much as I'd like to have a manual trans, they really are not practical for me. I love to come into a...