Search results

1. Oldchevyguy

Goblin vs Ariel Atom

Just reading about the Ariel Atom. They say they weight 1349 lbs. My extended LSJ Powered Goblin weights 1620 lbs. Anyone have an idea why the A A is lighter? It has like a 100 hp more too.
  2. Oldchevyguy

Got mine weighted today. What does your weight?

I didnt have to weight it to register in Montana. But I was curious what it weighted, so I went to a local gravel pit today. It weighted 1620 pounds, with a 1/2 tank of gas, without me in it. I was a little surprised it weighed that much. Extended chassis. Hood and side panels. No fenders. Very...
  3. Oldchevyguy

Had a accident tonight.....need help

Hi guys. Coming back from a car show tonight, I hit a muffler in the road a ripped a cooling hose up front. The one on the passenger side that doubles around in two pieces to the top of the radiator. The pulled through in frame hose was also damaged. I can get bulk 1 inch ID hose from NAPA I...
  4. Oldchevyguy

Anyone know a dyno tuner in NYs?

Hi guys! Been driving my LSJ Goblin for over 400 miles now, and it's a blast! I had a partial dyno tune in florida, but the CV shaft pulled out during a pull, so it was never completed. It's still not tuned 100%. Backfires on deceleration sometimes. I was going to bring it back to Ocala this...
  5. Oldchevyguy

My supercharger is working, about 13psi, but it may be using oil?

Though I would check my supercharger oil. I added some at first build, about 250 mile ago. Is it supposed to be filled to the plug? Somewhere I read that the capacity is under 4 oz. I just added more than that. What gives?
  6. Oldchevyguy

Anyone know where i can get a new OBD2 Plug?

My ALDL OBD2 plug needs to be replaced. I checked online and found some that were pinned wrong for LS engines. Does anyone have supplier information for one for a 05 cobalt SS LSJ.?
  7. Oldchevyguy

Gauge relocation

Hi there. I previous mounted oil pressure, water temperature, and boost under my sc speedometer. After driving the car for about 200 miles, I find them too hard to read, so I relocated them in front of the steering wheel. I bought a plastic three gauge housing on Amazon for about $10. I build...
  8. Oldchevyguy

Early model Button Panel for ssle

Hi. I went another route with my wiring so I dont need this button panel. It was mounted, but never used. I soldered a Deutsche plug to it, and installed the non momentarily acc. switch that came with it. Over $185 invested. Will sell for $150 + shipping.
  9. Oldchevyguy

Resistence specs for fuel sender?

Hi there. I am using aftermarket gauges. The speedometer/ fuel gauge in from speedhut. I am trying to set the fuel gauge. I need to know the ohms reading for full and empty. I should have put my meter on it when it was out, I know, but I didnt. Does anyone know these?
  10. Oldchevyguy

Im having problems sealing my fuel pump

Hi there! I'm having problems sealing my fuel pump. I installed it using the 1/4 " drill. I found out later when putting gas in it that the o ring squeezed out in one area. I readjusted it, and even smoke checked it, which is like 2 psi. I looked good. But now I filled it up and some gas is...
  11. Oldchevyguy

Ripped a inner CV up.

I just started driving my car. Supercharged LSJ with big injectors, small pulley, etc. I got a little aggressive. Wound out first to 6 grand, then banged second. I happened to be crossing a highway, and the highway was crowned a lot. The suspension lifted just as I hammered it. It broke the left...
  12. Oldchevyguy

New problem. Cranks but wont start. Backfires

I just got thus on the road. I drove to a gas station to fill it up. It leaked outvthe top, so I guess the fuel pump gasket isn't set right. But the purpose of this post is the no start. I had to get it towed back by a good samaritan. Only a mile away. It backfires very loudly through the...
  13. Oldchevyguy

Anyone find a inexpensive outdoor cover?

Ok. It's done. I have indoor storage, but would like a car cover in case I get caught in the rain. Like a weekend event. Has anyone bought a car cover that fits another model? Prowler maybe? Any ideas?
  14. Oldchevyguy

Trouble adjusting shifter

Hi. O5 SS/SJ F35 Manual. I cant get all the gears. If I adjust in the rear for 1st, I cant get enough movement to go to 2nd. If I adj 2nd, the opposite happens. Can't get first. I'm not getting enough throw. I tried shortening the front( in front of the shifter) top rod, thinking I was running...
  15. Oldchevyguy

My Montana plates arrived!

I highly recommend this! Dont put up with the bull $hit in your state. Register in Montana. It's easy, and may be cheaper. Costs $849 including first year. Sound like a lot? Dont forget sales tax! Montana has none! Many states charge sales tax for the kit car cost AND the doner car! This is...
  16. Oldchevyguy

First start. Car wont move. Grinding sound

Hi guys. I finally got it running. I took it to a dyno
  17. Oldchevyguy

Need parking brake pigtail

Hi. I'm using the cobalt parking brake lever, and I lost that little plug pigtail that plugs into the handle. Can anyone help me?
  18. Oldchevyguy

Where does this coolent tube go?

On my 05 LSJ I have a coolent (I think) that is not hooked up. See pictures. It goes into the top of the head with a banjo bolt by coolent sensor. Wheres it go?
  19. Oldchevyguy

Is anyone tilting their hoods for access?

I thought the goblin hood was ment to hinge on the two bolts under the windshield, but someone said it was ment to be removed for access. Is anyone hinging ot as mentioned above?
  20. Oldchevyguy

Anyone have a quick disconnect steering wheel?

As the title says. Has anyone installed a quick disconnect for there steering wheel? If so, what brand? Does one for a cobalt fit? Thanks