Search results

1. G

DF Intercooler Effectiveness

Does anyone have an opinion on how well the DF water-to-air intercooler with NACA ducting works in a SS/TC application? Other than a tune, my engine will remain stock, the car driven in a Wisconsin climate on rural roads, no racing planned. My donor came with a ZZP air-to-air intercooler and I'm...
  2. G

Clutch slave cylinder question

Prior to installing my clutch slave cylinder/throw out bearing assembly, I thought I would pour brake fluid into the cylinder to aid in the bleeding process later. I poured fluid into the block where the fluid line attaches and then squeezed the piston thinking air would expel then released...
  3. G

Pull up or pull down safety harness?

I'm gathering parts for my build (not started yet). It's an extended track (full cage). I'm going to install 6-point ratchet safety harnesses. I'm going with 6-point harnesses instead of 5 because I had to remove the harness center attachments under the seats because of interference with my...
  4. G

TPMS

The TPMS is something I know nothing about. I purchased 9 X 17 Klutch ML7 wheels. My donor is a 2009 SS/TC. If I have this correct, the OEM TPMS is #20925924 and is 315MHz. Do aftermarket wheels such as mine require a different TPMS to properly fit the valve stem hole or do they all fit? If they...
  5. G

Flywheel bolts and axle bearing

A set of eight flywheel bolts, # GM11570626 goes for $42 at ZZP. Polaris uses an Ecotec engine in the Slingshot and the same GM flywheel bolts list for $2.99 each. Search for Polaris 11570626. I got a set of eight for $26.82 from Adept Powersports including tax and shipping. I didn't price any...
  6. G

17x9 wheel off set

I'm considering Klutch ML7 wheels in 17x9 for my turbo Goblin. My OEM wheels are 18x7.5 with an ET (off set) of 42mm. If I'm figuring correctly, I need to move the wheel center line out 3/4" (19.05mm) (9"-7.5"/2) to retain the same backspace. 42mm - 19mm leaves me with a off set of 23mm to...
  7. G

18" tires and wheels

I have purchased a 2009 SS/TC as a donor car and hope to order a kit yet this year. I have a question related to tire/wheel sizes. I'm located in Wisconsin and cold temperatures are a concern. I've heard too many stories of "summer only" tires cracking when subjected to cold temperatures. C7...