Search results

1. Tinkles

1988 Nissan B12 Sentra sleeper build

4L80E and 4L60E's are RWD LS transmissions.... Good advice if this was about installing it in a Goblin...
  2. Tinkles

1988 Nissan B12 Sentra sleeper build

Not to be a bummer, but 4L60E's are quite notorious for failing. The 4L80E is what alot of people replace them with seeing as stock 80E's hold up better than built 60E's. One of my buddies had a 2nd gen Miata with a LS2 with a manual trans stuffed in it and it was bonkers. I have personally...
  3. Tinkles

Pennsylvania SCCA Autocross

I used to run the NEPA region with my Cavalier, then I got a job where I had to work Sundays and that basically ended it for me. I think 2012 was the last year I ran. I did get to run one Pocono event before I stopped and went out to the Cone Killer Classic twice. I do want to run my Ralliart...
  4. Tinkles

Tinkles Street Monster - No donor Extended City chassis

2 things. 1st, If you are talking about the dash bar that the hood hinges on. That was cut out and replaced. A few pages back should have pictures. 2nd, the pins next to the windshield are not installed yet. I had to cut the hood to clear the windshield before we could build mounting brackets.
  5. Tinkles

F40 Guys UNITE!

ZZP's 9.5" clutch/flywheel combo for the 2.2L/2.4L but swapping the clutch disc out for the stock F40 disc that came with my swap kit. I would prefer a lightened steel flywheel over the aluminum is the ZZP kit, but that would have to be custom made and since the clutch is a wear item I prefer...
  6. Tinkles

Welded differential

I have a Wavetrac for my F40, but have yet to install it. From what I have seen the install is very simple. I plan on doing it myself. Welding the diff can be done for next to nothing. Cut up some thick scrap steel and weld it in. I wouldn't expect it to last as long as a Quaife or Wavetrac...
  7. Tinkles

Need new radiator

It is basically the same radiator from a 90s Honda Civic. I have Mishimoto's 90s Honda Civic radiator and fan/shroud combo in mine. Aside from having to add a spacer to the top of the radiator for the fan and shroud to clear, it fits. Page 5 of my build log has the install on it.
  8. Tinkles

Still working on smoothing out the top of the windshield frame, but you can kinda see the new paint on the top section of the main hoop. The quick jacks lift the car up higher than I had it on jack stands and have it at a nice height to work on. Here is some of the rust coming through the...
  9. Tinkles

15 Gallon fuel tank info

Excuse the paint dust, I am in the middle of repainting the chassis. But here are the straps I made. Kinda hard to see but I left a gap so when I tighten up the bolt it pulls the straps together and tightened around the tank.
  10. Tinkles

HP Tuners "not supported"

An aftermarket ECU like Megasquirt, Link, Haltech, AEM, etc is an option. Most after market ECUs have a ton more features than any stock ECU. For a few reasons I am going to be installing Megasquirt 3 Pro Evo on my Goblin. With that I'll have options for launch and traction control, anti-lag...
  11. Tinkles

My goblin is......

It's like nails on a chalk board to me.
  12. Tinkles

Sub Frame rust, I need your thoughts

Wire wheel it and then use POR-15. Finding a prefect one in the northeast is going to be very difficult.
  13. Tinkles

I got a few bars sanded and resprayed. It is definitely going to be sucky job. My head is telling me to do it all and make sure everything is sealed up. I also tossed some body filler on the top of the windshield frame to make it look nicer. Hopefully a few of my buddies will be able to stop...
  14. Tinkles

Splitter

Has this splitter design been compared to the front wing Nine Lives Racing offers?
  15. Tinkles

So it turns out I screwed up the surface prep before using the Steel-It. Rust is forming under it and popping up through it. Plus it flakes off with any little bump. It has been bugging me for awhile, so I have finally decided to sand it all off and respray it with regular primer, paint, and...
  16. Tinkles

SS/SC cooling mods

My Cavalier with a stock 2.2L Ecotec and a TVS with a 3.15" pulley LIGHTS the tires up in 1st gear at ANY RPM. 2nd gear kinda hooks. I have cars with both forms of boost. Supercharged Cavalier and turbocharged Lancer Ralliart(baby Evo X). I prefer the power delivery with a supercharger. It...
  17. Tinkles

SS/SC cooling mods

The rotors are a 4 lobe 180* twist vs 3 lobe 60* twist(i think) with the M62. Also it having a 1.3L displacement vs the 1L M62 means that it pushing more air more efficiently and at lower rotor speeds. I saw ~14psi with a 2.9" pulley on a M62 and am currently at ~17psi with a larger 3.15"...
  18. Tinkles

One Part You Wish DF Offered

I have a 15 gallon fuel tank in mine... The post is linked in my signature. I plan on cutting up aftermarket fiberglass Ford T-bucket fenders to fit my 245s/275s. Speedwaymotors.com sells them.
  19. Tinkles

LNF Fuel Pump - Filter & Mounting

I am fairly sure the whole tank needs foam for it to work porperly as the fuel is supposed to be suspended in it. If that make sense. Why not toss an aftermarket in tank pump into a base model fuel pump sending unit? That was going to be my route until I dove down the rabbit hole of the...
  20. Tinkles

LSJ-T Feedback on Build

That's the waste gate and yes it does need a vacuum/boost source for proper operation. The only thing I think that would still be moving that long after turning off the engine would be the turbocharger. I would think that anything under vacuum would equalize quicker. 1st idea is verify that...