Search results

1. Tinkles

15 Gallon fuel tank info

Here is a compressed version of the .step file that I got from the fab shop that built my fuel tank. You will need some sort of CAD to open the .step file. Why a large fuel tank? Well my reasoning is that I wanted to run an overkill fuel pump assembly and have additional range because I...
  2. Tinkles

CAD file posting issue.

I have a step(CAD) file that I would like to post, but I don't think the forum supports it. It isn't appearing in my file folder with all my Goblin files when I click the "Attach files" button.
  3. Tinkles

2-piece brake rotor info

Currently I only have the front rotors for the Brembo calipers spec'd out. I am working on spec'ing out the front rotors for the normal calipers. For Brembo Front Calipers: This hat from Wilwood: PN#170-12159 https://www.wilwood.com/Hats/HatProd?itemno=170-12159 These are 5x114.3 hats and...
  4. Tinkles

Big tired and temps.

Those of you running wide "race" tires(like 255+ R888Rs). Are you able to get a proper amount of heat into them? I picked 245(front) and 275(rear) because I didn't have confidence in the car being able to get proper heat into larger tires with how light it is.
  5. Tinkles

Installed fuel tank pictures wanted.

While my Goblin is still at the fab shop I am wondering if there is enough room to have them build a larger fuel tank. So if anyone would share some pictures of the clearance around their fuel tank I'd appreciate it. Top, bottom, next to the engine.
  6. Tinkles

Rotor measurements for 08-10 LNF Brembo brakes?

I am looking at putting together a set of 2 piece rotors to use with my Brembo calipers up front and 5x114 bolt pattern. Would someone be able to get a few measurements of the stock Brembo rotors for me? I need the offset measurement of the "hat" and rotor thickness. I recall seeing that the...
  7. Tinkles

Short shifters.

Some of you might be interested in this and I haven't seen it brought up yet. F23 The hole for the roll pin might have to be redrilled in a different location. I am not 100% on that. https://www.short-shifters.com/t-shift-short-shifter-kit.html F35...
  8. Tinkles

Cobalt SS/SC install instructions for L61/LAP/LE5 engines

I just remembered that I had this file. It is intended for doing the swap onto a Cavalier/Sunfire so not every step will work, but everyone on here should be able to figure out the rest.
  9. Tinkles

Windshield frame question.

Those of you who have mounted windshields with their own frames. How far forward did you place the frame from the "vertical" tube I circled in red?
  10. Tinkles

Tinkles Street Monster - No donor Extended City chassis

I just placed the order for my chassis so I guess I can finally start one of these. 1st a little background. I have spent the past 10 years messing with the Cobalt's older sibling the Chevrolet Cavalier. I currently have a 2003 Cavalier base model that is all fancied up with LS Sport "body...
  11. Tinkles

Intro

Just joined because I am planning on ordering a kit in a few months. I have a decent background in the Ecotec platform and currently have a 2003 Cavalier in my garage with a Harrop HTV1320-LSJ blower on the stock L61 making 283whp/246wtq. I had built a Gen 1 L61 with the intentions of swapping...