Search results

1. J

Sticky clutch engagement in 1st gear - worn out clutch?

Hello all, When I'm in first gear, unless I'm very gradual and smooth in letting off the clutch pedal and applying the throttle, I get some borderline whiplash jerkiness in acceleration. I mean the car will surge forward for a fraction of a second, and then ease off, then surge again and repeat...
  2. J

Welding in another cross-member behind seats for racing harness

Hi guys, I've welded in a cross-member behind the seats that is around a foot above the stock one and want input on whether my welds are OK enough to rely on. I added the cross-member because when I put my seats (from Procar) and racing harness in, the straps sit on top of my shoulders, and...
  3. J

Parking brake sensor switch location?

Can someone tell me how this switch/plug connects to the parking brake handle assembly? My donor is an 06 SS/SC. I forgot how I took it off in my excitement to get things dismantled, and now can't figure out how it was connected (and apparently I cut the wire to it as well in said excitement, so...
  4. J

Racing harness mount location

From finished build pics it seems like a lot of builders who are running racing harnesses are mounting the upper shoulder straps to the bar directly behind the seats. Is that right? And if so, is it safe? I thought that the rear mount for the shoulder harnesses should mount +/- 20 degrees from...
  5. J

Turn signal deactivator magnet

Probably another silly question, but is the attached the turn signal deactivator magnet? If so, I would think it mounts someone on the steering shaft, likely where the turn signal could recognize the signal. I got my steer wheel all mounted (hopefully properly) but couldn't figure out where to...
  6. J

Steering column/wheel installation

This might be a silly question because lots of people seem to have figured this out without any discussion on the forum that I could find (aside from an extensive discussion of a quick release steering wheel that went over my head). Could someone give me some hints as to how to mount the...
  7. J

First build in Canada - 2006 SS SC, track

Hi all, I'm a little slow in starting this build log but I'm still far from done, so better late than never. Adam tells me I have the honor of being their first Canadian customer, and my goal is fully licensed and street legal. Ontario's rules for kit cars seem pretty reasonable. I have a ways...
  8. J

How to deal with cut subframe

Hi all, I had a fight with my passenger side control arm rear bolt 200k miles in salty Canadian winters, I actually feel like I got off easy). The bolt snapped and was very seized in the bushing sleeve. To separate the subframe from the frame (and from the seized sleeve/bolt) I cut the subframe...