Search results

1. JPas914

TC intercooler and HX fan wiring

I wired up a relay to power the heat exchanger fan and pump. Then just used an ‘add a circuit’ in the ABS fuse location as the trigger for the relay. The fan/pump kick on whenever the key is turned to on. You could also install the add-a-circuit in a fuse that is only powered when the car is...
  2. JPas914

Third brake light

I used one of these. Drilled two holes on the rear lip of the engine cover and epoxied two pieces of steel inside the lip to add some reinforcement for the fasteners.
  3. JPas914

Quickest build?

I picked up my kit from DF July 3rd 2018 and had it mostly completed within a month. Then I spent a few weeks troubleshooting an ECU issue while getting ready to move to Korea. Car was stored for the year I was in Korea, and finished/registered the car summer of 2020. When I picked up the kit, I...
  4. JPas914

NW FL Goblins, upcoming events?

Dang, wish i had seen this alot sooner (although i was out of the area during your visit). I live in Crestview.
  5. JPas914

*Official Builders Thread* -- Where are you located?

Maybe it’ll be the first finished in ND. I was listed under North Dakota for a while since that was where my kit was started. :D
  6. JPas914

Frame Weight

I think it was around 250lbs.
  7. JPas914

Any tall owners? I'm 6'3 will I fit ok?

You’ll fit comfortably. I’m 6’3” and about 220lbs and fit with no problems. I posted this picture a while back, had enough room for a 275lb passenger and a computer tower.
  8. JPas914

Body prep

I didn’t bondo the underside. Only small imperfections on the outer surfaces.
  9. JPas914

Goblinfest 2022

I’ll be there for sure.
  10. JPas914

Florida Goblins

Given the issues everyone else has had, I was a little surprised the state let me renew my registration. :D
  11. JPas914

Oil Filter Changes

I can’t speak for the N/A or S/C folks, but on my T/C Goblin, I was able to use a funnel with a flexible nozzle to add oil. Hardest part of changing the oil on my Goblin is dropping the diffuser.
  12. JPas914

Cleaning Windshield

I use chemical guys waterless car wash with a soft microfiber.
  13. JPas914

My Factory Five build

Beautiful roadster! I’ve been looking at the ‘33 hot rod kit….but that’ll be many years down the road.
  14. JPas914

NineLivesRacing Rear Diffuser

I used 3.5 inch long 3/8dia for the front/middle holes and 4.5in long 7/16ths bolts for the rear where the rear-most sway bar bols would have gone. And used the 1/4dia bolt holding the brake-T to support the front center.
  15. JPas914

NineLivesRacing Rear Diffuser

Recieved my diffuser last week, extremely well made part. Package weight was 20lbs, but ~5lbs of that was cardboard. Finally got around to installing it today. I used the bolt holding the rear brake T-ftting to center the diffuser in the front, and then marked the center points on the rear of...
  16. JPas914

Need help with transmission part

What transmission?
  17. JPas914

Mountain View, Arkansas Meetup

I’d hate to watch it being harvested/collected. :D
  18. JPas914

High speed instability

Even if it’s just just adding the driver’s weight, aligning the Goblin empty can result in a dangerous set-up when a driver and passenger are added. These cars are so light that being off by fractions of an inch can make them squirrely as hell. For example, I set my suspension to be driveable...
  19. JPas914

High speed instability

Oh, I know you are anti-wing. Lol. But I wouldn’t mind adding something to help keep my mirrors from getting kicked to Mars.
  20. JPas914

High speed instability

And now I have a new part that I ‘need’. Would you mind sharing where you got these?