Search results

1. Rttoys

Rebuilding the DF exhaust system

I have had a rattle for some time now inside my muffler. I figure the baffles have come apart at some point and rattling around now. Also at our last few autocross’s they have been doing db checks and I’m over the limit (104db, can’t be higher than 100db). I figure it’s time to see what’s going...
  2. Rttoys

Front splitter installation and reviews

This is a quick guide on how to install the splitter. There are several ways to do it, this is just how I did it. The main thing is to use the 2 bolts for the radiator support as the main mount. It’s also a good idea to use a longer bolt for this too. If you measure from the front of the...
  3. Rttoys

Missing UHFB positive post cap?

90% of those little red caps that cover the positive post on the under hood fuse box (uhfb) go missing. I have solution to that :cool: 1- charcoal lighter cap 1: sway bar end link bushing (can be sub’d by shock bushing or any other) Drill and cut to fit and bam. :cool:
  4. Rttoys

Inappropriate secondary uses for your Goblin

Exhibit A
  5. Rttoys

Hey DF overlords

You need to supply this sticker with every purchase. :D
  6. Rttoys

What is your “I don’t want to sell it” price?

This was brought up in another thread, so I thought I would start a thread on its own. This should be fun. You don’t have to sell, you don’t need to sell and you don’t even want to sell, but someone walks up and opens a briefcase full of cash for your Goblin. How much is in that briefcase that...
  7. Rttoys

Coffee & Cars

Coffee and cars, The Woodlands, TX. Looks like I’m first one here. :eek::D
  8. Rttoys

Add-on brake proportioning valve

Doing some autocross, I found that you jamb on the brakes and the fronts lock instantly. Unless you are in a panic stop on the street, you’ll never experience this. At autocross, you find out quickly that you cannot jamb down on the brakes. After doing some research, I decided to decrease the...
  9. Rttoys

My goblin is......

So low to the ground, I have to look up at a Smart car. :p
  10. Rttoys

Houston SCCA Autocross

There’s a couple of us running SCCA autocross here in the Houston area, so here’s a dedicated thread for it. Post up the good, the bad and the ugly.
  11. Rttoys

How fast is it?

I always get this (annoying) question and I really don’t know how to answer it. I haven’t been on a 1/4 mile track since the late 90s. I don’t have a safe and legal place for a top speed run, at the moment, although the Texas mile would be fun. I can give you my last few autocross times, but...
  12. Rttoys

Goblin picture game

Figured this might be a way to add a little fun to goblining (is that a real word?) and give an excuse to get people out in their goblin‘s to enjoy the nice weather. This works well on other sites, mostly with motorcycles, so let’s try it here. Game Rules: -A challenge is presented -First...
  13. Rttoys

Helpful part numbers

I thought I would start a thread on helpful part numbers others may need, but too difficult to search. If you add to this, please add what doner you have or have it in your signature, so others know what they are looking at. 06 cobalt SS SC LSJ 2.0 supercharged MU3 Saab 5 speed G85 limited...
  14. Rttoys

Texas anti-wang club meet

We had the first annual/monthly/weekly anti-wang club meeting today. Next meeting coming soon. :D
  15. Rttoys

Fun with wires

If you are like me, you are probably adding some wiring to your goblin for accessories and such. It’s nice to keep the wires together so they are easier to identify. You look at the bundle of wires in you trash bin and think, “I want my wires all twisted together like the abs wires, but how do...
  16. Rttoys

Rttoys’s track- ‘06 ss/sc #184

Ok, time to jump in on this. I have been following goblin for, what seems, a ton of years. After our legal bs got cleared here in Texas and things settled down from my house move, its time to play now. :cool: i have been keeping a eye out for a doner for a few years now and pulled the trigger...
  17. Rttoys

Turning off the warning lights on the cluster

Warning lights on, makes my CDO go nuts, so I want to eliminate them. i was going to take it to my speedometer guy to remove the bulbs, but figured I’d give it a go first. My solution is pretty simple and cheap........free. All you need is a small screwdriver and electrical tape. with the...
  18. Rttoys

Deploying air bags

I searched, but didn’t really find anything on this. If you bought a cobalt that the air bags are not deployed and always wanted to see an air bag fire off without the consequences of a wreck, have some fun setting them off. :D The nice things about air bags is they are very safe, until its go...