09 cobalt XFE

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Found a 2009 that I can get for a steal 5spd. with VVT it is a LT with XFE Should I buy it or should I stay away from one with the VVT

TCR801

I would prefer a vvt. I believe you could swap a 2.4 le5 in its place if you ever needed a replacement. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The transmission has a 3.63 ratio, opposite of a close ratio setup.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Found a 2009 that I can get for a steal 5spd. with VVT it is a LT with XFE Should I buy it or should I stay away from one with the VVT
That's essentially the same car that I bought. VVT not only makes more power but the power delivery is much more linear. There're lots of dyno charts in the cobalt forums on this subject.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
That's essentially the same car that I bought. VVT not only makes more power but the power delivery is much more linear. There're lots of dyno charts in the cobalt forums on this subject.
Cool I thought it would make a good donor. The mileage is a little higher than I would like but I should be able to grab it for $500 or less. It has some issues nothing that I cant handle though.

Silverback

If you're interested, I'm about to sell a 2.4 Ecotec LE5 engine with approximately 18,000 miles on it.